The player chooses between two game modes: Easy and Hard. Both modes contain an 11×11 word search with eight words that the player has to find. The player's speed determines the end result— if they manage to find all the words in the word search in under fifty-five seconds, they are awarded three stars. The player gets two stars if they find all the words in under two minutes and ten seconds, and one star if the words are found in under three minutes and twenty-five seconds. There is no way a word search can be failed, but if the player needs more than three minutes and twenty-five seconds to find all the words, they will not be given any stars.
All of the words are either places or characters from the show. They are the following:
- Gumball (in the title screen)
- Darwin (in the title screen)
- In the game's title screen, Gumball is wearing his jock outfit, commonly used in the show's merchandise.
- The game's soundtrack is the same as the opening theme of the show.
- Anais' name is spelled as Anaïs.