|"Well, you know I could help you with that."
This article is about the character. You may be looking for the episode.
| Character Information
The Virus was once the leader of an army of identical viruses located on Gumball's hand, until they were wiped out by Teri. He then terrorizes Gumball, Darwin, and Teri, by taking over various appliances. At the end of the episode, Gumball steps on him, presumably killing him.
The Virus is a puffy, yellow-orange virus with 6 arms, and 2 legs. His face is a pink puffy skull with three eyes that appears inside of his body. In his debut episode, "The Virus," he mutates, and grows pink puffy wings, which makes him even more dangerous. Strangely, the appearance of the Virus is more similar to a bacterium, with the orange outer body like a bacterium's cytoplasm, and the head like a bacterium's nucleoid.
Like any other biological viral particle, the Virus has the ability to invade host cells and multiply, further proven by his army (though now "deceased"). The Virus, beside his natural abilities, has mutated into a computer virus and now can uncannily control any electronic device, like a laptop, a television, or a car. He can also grow wings, making him airborne.
At the start of the episode, all the Virus wants to do is to take over Gumball's body. But when Teri washes his army away, he wants to avenge them, and take over Gumball's body by himself (as well as make him suffer). Every time he mutates, he becomes more and more dangerous and angry. But, at the end of the episode, Gumball challenges him to hand-to-hand combat. The Virus' overconfidence and desire to win shield him from seeing that he is many times smaller than Gumball, and as a result, Gumball steps on him, presumably killing him in the process.
- "The Virus": His only major role. He tries to avenge his fallen army.
- Despite being a biological virus, the Virus can infect electronic systems like a computer virus.
- In the scene when the Virus exits the car and attacks Gumball, Darwin and Teri head on, he is surprisingly bigger.
- He is the sixth character to die on-screen in the series, with the first five being Anton, three of the Creatures, and Jealousy.
- He has the lowest voice of any male character.