The van shopkeeper is a recurring character in The Amazing World of Gumball. He was first mentioned in "The Puppy," although his first physical appearance is in "The Origins." He is the owner of the Awesome Store, a van that sells mysterious items.
He appears to be some type of shadowy humanoid, as evident in "The Origins" when he pulls Richard inside his van, in "The Disaster" when he reaches his hand out expecting Rob to pay for the remote, and in “The Shippening”, where he reaches his hand out of the van and tries to give the Donut Cop a doctor’s license and later money. Only his eyes and hand have been seen throughout the franchise.
- "The Puppy": He is mentioned in passing as the seller that gave Richard the Evil Turtle. At the end of the episode, his van gets destroyed.
- "The Origins": His first physical appearance. He sells Darwin to Richard.
- "The Disaster": He sells Rob the universal remote and is later banished to the void.
- "The Rerun": He asks Rob to pay for the remote again after he destroyed it.
- "The Console": He sells Richard a Game Child and is said to be the villain of the game. He later appears again, explaining to the Watterson kids the true villain of the game.
- "The Shippening": He goes on the run from the police and accidentally drops the magic notebook, which Sarah takes for herself.
- "The Possession": He sells the Wattersons a new fridge.
- Richard seems to be his favorite customer.
- He resembles the shadowy criminal from "The Comic."
- He sounds different in "The Disaster" than how he usually sounds like in other episodes.
Uhh, they're not magic. I think you just need glasses.
|—Van Shopkeeper to the hamburger cop when inspecting a pair of ordinary glasses in “The Shippening”|