This is a Featured Article. This page was selected as Featured Article on the main page. A new article will be elected soon.
Thank you for supporting the Gumball Wiki.
| Tobias Wilson
| Character Information
Tobias Wilson is a supporting character in The Amazing World of Gumball. He is a student in Miss Simian's class at Elmore Junior High. His first appearance was in "The Third" when he offered Darwin's to be his friend for ten dollars. He was given many redesigns in Season 2, including eyebrows, and smaller feet.
Tobias appears to be a multi-colored fluffy cloud-like humanoid creature with three fingers on each hand. Most of his body is colored red, but the lower part is orange, and his top hair part is blue. He has a medium sized mouth with blue lips. He wears a headband like the others in his family, as well as red and white shoes.
Tobias is a show-off. He believes that he is a heavily built jock, but in reality, he is not. Despite him not having a good athletic build, he is obsessed with sports, and is always trying to hone his scrawny physique. He also seems to have a big ego.
Because of his inflated ego, Tobias is more confident in his abilities to court Penny than Gumball is. Tobias can also be somewhat of a bully sometimes, such as when he was tossing Anais' plush Daisy doll around on the bus, and seemed quite eager to hurt Gumball in "The Knights." Also, in "The Robot," he insults Bobert, calling him "Robo-dork" and commenting on his apparent lack of feelings. Also in "The Uploads," Tobias found it funny when his father got hurt from falling off a skateboard that he placed in front of a staircase for a prank. In "The One," it is shown that because of Tobias's narcissism he does not understand true friendship. He tries to insert himself into Gumball's life, and tries to eliminate Gumball's other friends (including Darwin), so he can be his only friend. He seems to realize the error of his ways after Gumball sets him straight.
Tobias also seems to be quite the womanizer. He is very quick to make moves on every girl he sees (his father displayed similar behavior at his age in "The Choices" when talking to Nicole at a younger age.) Despite all of these girls showing disgust toward Tobias' advances, he still continues to pursue these girls in hopes of one day having someone further inflate his ego and "macho" antics.
According to Alan in "The Third," Tobias comes from a wealthier household than most of his classmates. More proof of Tobias's wealth is shown in the episode "The Candidate" where his parents funded a significant part of the books, food, etc.
- Main article: Tobias Wilson/Relationships
- "Early reel" (debut)
- "The Third": His first major role. He becomes Darwin's best friend.
- "The End": He greets Gumball, who is pretending to get married to his love interest.
- "The Dress": He chews gum, helps push GumballOopsEggWobbleUnderpants to the finish line, and tries to get the balloon Gumball to go left.
- "The Quest": He throws Daisy out of the bus.
- "The Pressure": He has fun with Gumball, Darwin, and Banana Joe.
- "The Ghost": He flees from Carrie, who is possessing Gumball.
- "The Mystery": He tells Darwin that he has toilet paper on his feet.
- "The Gi": He makes fun of Gumball and Darwin.
- "The Kiss": He and Banana Joe host "The Sounds of Suffering."
- "The Party": He appears multiple times throughout this episode, such as when blackmailing Rachel and partying with Rob.
- "The Robot": He makes fun of Bobert by calling him a robo-dork and mentioning that he is not a real boy.
- "The Picnic": He is on the bus.
- "The Goons": He and Darwin are the two people that may have won the Dumb Race.
- "The Sock": Idaho does not invite him to his party.
- "The Mustache": He appears in the gym.
- "The Club": He and Banana Joe are seen as part of the football club.
- "The Ape": He fools around in Miss Simian's classroom.
- "The Curse": He and his family are seen at Daisyland.
- "The Meddler": He makes a brief cameo.
- "The Helmet": He is in the cafeteria.
- "The Fight": He cheers on Gumball's fight with Tina.
- "The Knights": His second major role. He fights with Gumball over Penny.
- "The Fridge": He makes a cameo in the marching band.
- "The Flower": He runs a marathon, and is knocked out by Gumball (who is possessed by Jealousy)
- "The Banana": He walks out of Miss Simian's classroom.
- "The Phone": He makes a brief cameo on the bus.
- "The Apology": His eyes catch on fire after looking at Miss Simian's butt.
- "The Words": He makes a brief cameo in the Schoolyard, sings "What He Thinks About Us!," is offended by Darwin for a pose he commonly makes, and cheers on Gumball and Darwin's fight.
- "Christmas": He and Idaho are cheering for Masami to snow.
- "The Watch": He is seen in the cafeteria.
- "The Bumpkin": He is in the schoolyard.
- "The Dream": He appears in Gumball's dream, flattening as if he had no bones.
- "The Sidekick": Gumball and Darwin try to get a video game from him, and later kidnap his mom.
- "The Photo": He appears looking at his picture.
- "The Storm": He is mixed with Banana Joe and Leslie by Masami.
- "The Voice": Gumball and Darwin "apologize" to him.
- "The Promise": He attacks Darwin as a wolf.
- "The Boombox": He appears with Colin and Felix in the science lab.
- "The Tape": He fails to greet Penny, makes a cameo in Miss Simian's classroom, and is filmed failing to impress the ladies.
- "The Sweaters": He is seen talking to Carmen.
- "The Internet": He watches Gumball's embarrassing video.
- "The World": He is knocked out by a basketball.
- "The Finale": He calls everyone to cheer on Richard and Patrick's fight. He is later seen at school, where Gumball shoves him.
- "The Fan": He is seen in the background of the cafeteria.
- "The Coach": He bounces on the trampoline at his house.
- "The Joy": He is not infected because he is multicolored, and later can strangely be seen infected.
- "The Recipe": He freaks out after Anton dies.
- "The Name": He is seen in a flashback from "The Knights" and is defeated by Zach.
- "The Extras": He makes another brief cameo.
- "The Fraud": He makes a cameo in the cafeteria.
- "The Move": He is knocked out by Clayton's kung-fu move.
- "The Law": He can be seen in a line for ice cream.
- "The Allergy": Darwin sneezes his colors onto Banana Joe.
- "The Mothers": His third major role, his mother, Banana Joe's mother, and Gumball and Darwin's mother compete in a mom-off.
- "The Shell": He is seen backstage dressed as a castle.
- "The Bros": He and Banana Joe stare at Gumball and Darwin dancing.
- "The Mirror": He is in Miss Simian's classroom.
- "The Pizza": He is chased by Colin and Felix.
- "The Lie": He appears in Miss Simian's classroom after Rocky crashes his bus.
- "The Butterfly": He appears dancing in Miss Simian's classroom.
- "The Saint": Alan gives him CPR in a flashback.
- "The Safety": He is horrified by the safety video, and at the end of the episode, he salutes to Gumball and Darwin.
- "The Society": Gumball attacks him to get chips from a vending machine, and later spies on him while on his back. He also becomes part of the secret society.
- "The Spoiler": He talks about The Screamening.
- "The Countdown": He is seen in alternate timelines.
- "The Nobody": He walks by when Gumball and Darwin think of a personality for Rob.
- "The Triangle": He walks past Coach.
- "The Return": He mentions that his hat has not been made fun of.
- "The Crew" (mentioned)
- "The Check": A zombie version of him appears at the Toxic Waste Disposal Site.
- "The Pest": He is seen in Billy's puppet show.
- "The Gift": He races to get the Mic Graves for Masami.
- "The Upgrade": He appears in the montage of fails of Bobert's new system.
- "The Comic": He sings LaserHeart's theme.
- "The Uploads": He appears in a video, and gets attacked by the Doughnut Sheriff after his prank.
- "The Hug": He appears in the hallway and the cafeteria.
- "The Wicked": He is buying lunch at Joyful Burger and almost gets ran over by Mrs. Robinson.
- "The Girlfriend": He is in the cafeteria.
- "The Advice": He gets chased by the Abraham Lincoln Goat and later ends up in the infirmary, where he explodes.
- "The Parasite": An infected Darwin attacks him.
- "The Love": He is one of the people in the "What is Love?" segment.
- "The Awkwardness": He records Gumball and Hot Dog Guy's conversation.
- "The Nest": He gets attacked by the turtles.
- "The Points" His fourth major role. He gives invisible good points to Gumball and Darwin for doing his chores.
- "The Bus": He is on the hijacked school bus.
- "The Night": He appears in Hector's and Juke's dreams.
- "The Blame": Among the kids who protest the ban on video games.
- "The Slap": His fifth major role. He offends Gumball by not giving him a high-five slap on his butt.
- "The Fury": He appears outside the school.
- "The Compilation": He is seen with a whole group of people.
- "The Scam": He appears in the classroom with a swollen face. Later he is injured at the swimming pool, when the water is suspended in mid-air.
- "The Stories": He is among the students who dislike Molly's stories and is later seen hit by Jamie's dodgeballs.
- "The Guy": He is one of Anais' victims.
- "The Boredom": He shows a video of himself to Gumball and Darwin.
- "The Vision": He can be seen in the schoolyard, during the riot, and several other times as a supporter of Alan.
- "The Choices": He is one of the rebels to bring down Nicole's statue.
- "The Code": He is in the cafeteria.
- "The Test": His sixth major role. He replaces Gumball as the loser of the series.
- "The Slide": He is in the schoolyard.
- "The Loophole": He leaves class with the other students.
- "The Potato": He celebrates Idaho's birthday with other students.
- "The Matchmaker": He is seen in the cafeteria.
- "The Box": A zombie attacks him.
- "The Ollie": He is buying skating gear at the mall.
- "The Catfish": He is in seen at school.
- "The Stars": Gumball gives him one star for splashing him with water.
- "The Grades": He is seen in the classroom.
- "The Ex": Gumball accidentally booby-traps his house instead of Banana Joe's.
- "The Sorcerer": He is playing Football with Carrie and runs into one of the football players.
- "The Uncle": He bumps into Ocho and runs from him during Gumball and Darwin's flashback.
- "The Weirdo": He is standing next to Juke at the schoolyard.
- "The Singing": He is seen running around Miss Simian's classroom.
- "The Best": He can be seen in the cafeteria and later appears at the mall.
- "The Worst": He makes fun of Gumball and Darwin for using aromatic shower gel and thus not conforming to traditional masculinity.
- "The Petals": He gawks at Leslie in the school hallway.
- "The Nuisance": Gumball offers him a unique toilet-sharing experience in the school bathroom stalls.
- "The Line": He and his mother attack Bobert in trying to race to the movie theater.
- "The Puppets": He appears in the cafeteria.
- "The One": His seventh major role. He tries to become Gumball's best friend.
- "The Cringe": He is in the swimming pool with Juke.
- "The Neighbor": He is in class when Principal Brown introduces Gary.
- "The Anybody": Clayton replaces him for his birthday.
- "The Faith": He is in the crowd in the football stadium.
- "The Candidate": He is part of the group of kids locked in school.
- "The Pact": He is annoyed by Gumball singing on the school bus, and is shocked when Principal Brown boards. Later, he gets in a fight with Banana Joe and Ocho. Later, he is infected by the water contaminated by Miss Simian’s breath. He is also seen in the schoolyard.
- "The Shippening": Sarah ships him with his own reflection.
- "The Intelligence": He appears on a thumbnail for a video in the beginning. Later, his voice is heard when The Internet stops working. Later, he appears in a video.
- "The Spinoffs": He is removed in William and Tobias. He asks William to stop using telepathy on him.
- "The Stink": He is in class when Principal Brown tells the students about Mr. Small's absence.
- "The Ghouls": He goes trick or treating.
- "The Awareness": He is on the bus.
- "The Drama": He is in the cafeteria. Later, he is at the arcade. Later, he is at the park with his family and is breathed on by a demon.
- "The Buddy": He is caught on tape.
- "The Silence": He is on the bus.
- "The Heart": He is in a flashback.
- "The Revolt": He is attacked by the objects.
- Rupert Degas (US/UK, Season 1)
- Hugo Harold-Harrison (US/UK, Season 2 onwards)
- Peterson Adriano (Brazil, Seasons 1-2)
- José Leonardo (Brazil, Season 3 onwards)
- Hiroki Gotō (Japan)
Click here to view the gallery.
- In his early concept, Tobias was originally going to have no lips.
- Unlike most other characters, Tobias only has 3 fingers.
- However, depending on the circumstances, he does have 4 fingers.
- Wearing a headband may be a family tradition, as he, his sister, and his mother each wear one regularly. The only member of the family that does not wear one is his father.
- In the episode "The Third," it is shown that he can change his colors at will.
- He is named after Tobi Wilson, one of the show's writers.
- In the online PC game Spit Ball Wars, Tobias has a completely different design.
- Some parts of Tobias's leg have thick outlines, some do not.
- His eyes and colors are all drastically different compared to his official design.
- His arms also have almost no outline.
- In "The Knights," Tobias gets his foot stuck in Patrick's door, and when he pulls it out he gets down on his knees, holds his foot and says "FFFF...ahhhh..." several times. This may be a reference to Family Guy.
- When changing his colors in the episode "The Third," the sound he makes is similar to the one made by Mario when walking in the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) port of the arcade game Donkey Kong.
- Tobias is the youngest kid in his family.
- Tobias is the only kid in Miss Simian's class who is the youngest in his family, where as the other kids either have younger siblings or no siblings at all.
- Tobias has the second most major roles, for a character who is not a Watterson, next to Penny. Tobias has a total of seven.
- It was revealed that Tobias has a crush on Penny too, despite Gumball dating her.
- In the episode "The Knights," he fights Gumball for who gets to win Penny's love.
- In the episode "The Tape," he does not get a high-five from Penny.
- In the episode "The Move," he fails to get water thrown at him by Penny at the school library.
- In the episode "The Butterfly", he tries to do a "chick-magnet dance" to attract her but gets turned down by her "bug spray" dance.
- In the episode "The Test," he is stealing Gumball's life and dating her in his own "sitcom".
- Similar to Gumball, Tobias has a very large ego, but he is more arrogant and Gumball is more sympathetic.
- Gumball and Tobias have an on/off rivalry.
- He has become noticeably less popular with the other kids as the series has progressed.
- In the episode "The Scam," it is revealed that he is allergic to facepaint.
- In "The Joy," Tobias is so multicolored, that both those infected with the Joy Virus, and even Miss Simian mistake him for an infected.
- As of right now, the only girls in his class that Tobias has not hit on under his own free will are Sussie, Molly, Tina and Jamie.