This is a Featured Article. This page was selected as Featured Article on the main page. A new article will be elected soon.
Thank you for supporting the Gumball Wiki.
Tina Rex is a supporting character in The Amazing World of Gumball. As suggested by her name, Tina is a Tyrannosaurus rex. She is the fearsome bully of Elmore Junior High who got held back two grades.
Tina is a large and extremely fearsome Tyrannosaurus rex. She is covered in thick, brownish-gray scales from head to tail. She has a huge mouth full of enormous, white carnivore teeth and very noticeable halitosis.
In season 2, Tina gets a redesign— she has a more brownish color and looks more realistic. Her eyes are also less slanted and more circular in shape.
Tina is the resident bully of Elmore Junior High and is one of the meanest, largest, and strongest students.
Tina has apparently never owned a toy before, which caused her to steal Anais' Daisy the Donkey plushy. She claimed that she wanted to give it back, but her loneliness made her want to keep it for herself.
Despite Tina being a bully, she has been suggested on many occasions to be a sensitive and somewhat insecure individual at heart who doesn't properly know how to express acts of generosity. It has also been said that Tina bullies others due to their lack of recognition of her femininity.
It has become something of a self-fulfilling prophecy— she only acts like a monster because she looks like one and is treated as such. She has admitted to being quite scared of Nicole, in the season 1 episode, "The Fight." From this point on, Tina can sometimes be seen trying to unlock her sensitive and feminine side, such as when she tried out for cheerleading in "The Photo," but lacked the flexibility to do a split.
After Season 1, Tina is shown to be less aggressive and brutal when dealing with other students. However, when she gets angry, she will attempt to assault the person who angered her.
Tina frequently torments Gumball. This is prominently shown in "The Fight," when she chases Gumball throughout the school, ending with Gumball getting injured due to running into a door. When Nicole confronts Tina's father at the end of the episode, Tina tells Gumball that she does all those things to him because she was just having fun and that she thinks of him as a good friend. Also in "The Party," Tina becomes Gumball's date, and they were able to get along without tormenting each other. However, there are also cases that Gumball mocks Tina's talents too, causing her to run through the school to catch him, as seen in "The Flakers." Occasionally, Tina helps Gumball, as seen in "The Others."
Tina is Jamie's best friend. They both like bullying weaker students in school.
- Early reel: Her debut. She is part of Gumball's plan.
- "The Third": She squishes Idaho, Ocho, and Anton.
- "The End": She is in class.
- "The Dress": She is one of the students worshipping GumballOopsEggWobbleUnderpants.
- "The Quest": Her first major role. She steals Daisy the Donkey.
- "The Pressure": She is in the cafeteria.
- "The Ghost": She is in the cafeteria.
- "The Mystery": She blames Gumball for stuffing Principal Brown into his own locker, and later chases him.
- "The Gi" (mentioned)
- "The Party": She is Gumball's date to the party.
- "The Robot": She is in the cafeteria.
- "The Picnic": She is at the picnic.
- "The Sock": She is in class. Later, Gumball and Darwin talk about her stink.
- "The Mustache": She is in class, and later, she bombards Gumball and Darwin with dodge balls and gets knocked through a wall.
- "The Ape": She messes around in class.
- "The Meddler": She makes fun of Gumball with Jamie, Anton, and Banana Joe, because Nicole is at school with him.
- "The Helmet": She gets mad at Gumball because he knocked down her lunch.
- "The Fight": Her second and final major role. She has a fight with Gumball.
- "The Flower":She briefly appears in the class photo
- "The Banana": She is in class.
- "Halloween": She tries to steal Idaho and Banana Joe's Halloween candy.
- "The Apology": She is grossed out by Miss Simian's butt.
- "The Words": She sings "What He Thinks About Us!", and later is offended by Darwin in the classroom.
- "The Skull": Clayton saves Anton from her in a fantasy.
- "The Bet": She is proposed to by Bobert.
- "The Flakers": She beats up Gumball in the library.
- "The Sidekick": She is in the yearbook.
- "The Photo": She tries out for cheerleading.
- "The Storm": She talks about Gumball and Carmen's kiss.
- "The Game": She is in class.
- "The Tape": She is in a video.
- "The Fan": Sarah insults her.
- "The Joy": She is infected by the Joy virus and tries to infect Miss Simian.
- "The Recipe": She steps on Anton.
- "The Name": She is playing basketball with Jamie.
- "The Void": She is in the yearbook.
- "The Shell": She is in Banana Barbara's painting.
- "The Oracle": She is in Banana Barbara's same painting a second time.
- "The Spoiler": She is on Elmore Plus.
- "The Nobody": She slips on mustard.
- "The Others": She is talking with Leslie, and later helps Gumball and Darwin give Clare a happy ending.
- "The Gift": She tries to get the Mic Graves for Masami.
- "The Blame": Felicity believes her to be a T. rex because of video games.
- "The Fury": She is in class.
- "The Compilation": She sings in "Weird Like You And Me."
- "The Scam": She is in class, and is scared of Gargaroth.
- "The Stories": She fights Bobert.
- "The Guy": She makes her tail fall off to avoid Anais.
- "The Vision": She is in Alan's vision for miserable people.
- "The Matchmaker": Her icon appears on Gumball's Elmore Plus profile.
- "The Ollie": She is an obstacle for Gumball.
- "The Catfish": She is at school.
- "The Best": She drops her phone in the junkyard.
- "The Shippening": She has a picnic with Bobert and Jamie while under the effects of the magic journal.
- "The Spinoffs": She stars in one of the spinoffs.
- "The Transformation": She is standing at the bus stop as Penny points out she does not wear anything.
- "The Ghouls": She sings "All Hail All Hallow's Eve!"
- "The Web": Gumball edits a picture of her.
- "The Mess": She kisses Darwin.
- "The Inquisition": She is turned into a human. Later, she is reverted back to normal and she assaults Rob with her tail.
- Dan Russell (US/UK, season 1)
- Stefan Ashton Frank (US/UK, season 2 onwards)
- Jorge Vasconcelos (Brazil, seasons 1–2)
- Rie Takahashi (Japan)
Click here to view the gallery.
- Her name seems to be a play on "T. rex," a shortened form of her species, Tyrannosaurus rex.
- She is the tallest female at Elmore Junior High, while Hector is the tallest male.
- This could be a factor for their love interests.
- Tina's design is based upon the Tyrannosaurus from the Jurassic Park films.
- Her season one design is also simillar to that of outdated Tyrannosaurus paintings by Charles R. Knight.
- In an early production poster, her design was lower quality with a more cartoon-like appearance.
- She is very good at skating, as seen in "The Flakers."
- Tina auditioned for cheerleading, as seen in "The Photo," however, was unable to do a split, which was essential in the audition.
- According to "The Fight," Tina considers herself a friend of Gumball's, only chasing Gumball to try talking to him about the problem (which was the mistaken belief of her bullying him).
- Tina is one of the few characters to be a female voiced by a male. The others are Miss Simian, Coach, Sussie (until season 5), Bexi, and the dolphin woman.
- There is an Exosuit based on her in Project Exonaut.
- In "The Words," it is shown that she has a habit of tapping her fingers on her desk.
- Tina, her father, and Molly are the only dinosaurs in the show.
- She had no speaking roles in season 3.
- In the early reel, she was known simply as "T. rex."
- In a video of Elmore Stream-It, it is revealed she is fourteen years old.
- Tina has the lowest voice of any female character.