The Wattersons' house has, so far, appeared in all but 36 episodes of the series. The episodes that the house has not appeared in are:
- The Pressure
- The Mystery
- The Picnic
- The Sock
- The Flower
- The Banana
- The Apology
- The Words
- The Bet
- The Photo
- The Storm
- The Limit
- The Void
- The Move
- The Society
- The Triangle
- The Others
- The Upgrade
- The Apprentice
- The Advice
- The Points
- The Disaster
- The Stories
- The Guy
- The Sorcerer
- The Line
- The Sucker
- The Cage
- The Candidate
- The Pact
- The Shippening
- The Spinoffs
- The Stink
- The Buddy
- The Future
- The Agent
The kitchen has a checkered floor, a screen door leading to the laundry room, and a fridge with two cereal boxes on top of it, visible in "The Prank." The sink also has a garbage disposal large enough to put a DVD in, as shown in "The DVD." It has cabinets, brown and white cupboards, and a counter (which it shares with the dining room.)
The living room has a sea dark blue patterned rug with a tan wallpaper (but near the window, and the fourth wall, it is dark brown wood.) The door entrance has a mat, and near the window, there is a lamp on the left with a tan and orange pattern. In the middle of the room, there is a brown plaid couch, a white and red rug, and a coffee table on top of the rug. Behind the couch is the stairs, and has two paintings (the Wattersons and a unicorn.) There is also a door between the paintings. On the fourth wall, there is two pairs of lights (with one having a pink tree-shaped for the handle.) There is a TV which is labeled 'Soppy' near the screen, with a video game system, a purple jukebox, with circle speakers on both sides of the TV, and a bookshelf on the right. There is a horseshoe lying above the entrance to the kitchen, with a mountains painting on one side, and the other side has a pink telephone, and a pencil and a variety of notes hang beside it. Also on top of the door, there is a buzzer-like thing.
Starting in season 2, the lamp texture has changed to yellow with pink splatters on it, and a pair of two shoes lie near the window lamp. Also, there is a light green TV book, a pencil, a glass, and a paper on the coffee table. On the couch lies a red lamp on the left (which can sometimes be seen turned on.) There is also three pillows - One with a black coat of colorful patterns, the other with a wired circle on a tan coating, and the other on the right is a plain tan pillow. Also, the pink telephone near the kitchen entrance seems to have moved down a bit, and the said entrance has been raised higher.
The dining room is merged with the living room. As it is a dining room, it includes a table, chairs plus a high chair for Anais, and an entrance leading to the kitchen. Located in this room are paintings of a sad bunny clown and two strange looking white horses galloping. In "The Remote", a small picture of a white, fat creature is seen under the sad bunny clown photo. There is also a small table with a pink bowl sitting on top.
The bathroom is located on the second floor and it is across from the stairs. Walls are in part white and in part green. The floor is wooden with small carpet lying near a bathtub.The toilet is on the right and washbasin is on the left. There is also the bathtub with a curtain ahead. The mirror is hanging on the wall above the basin and the first aid kit is hanging above the lavatory. Next to the basin there is also a laundry basket and small trash can. The door to the bathroom was always opposite the bathtub, but starting in Season 3, it is to the right of the bathtub. Starting in "The Lie," a window is shown inside the shower.
This is the room where Gumball, Darwin, and Anais sleep. Darwin sleeps in the fishbowl (with a red "Please Knock" sticker on it) next to the bunk bed, where Gumball and Anais sleep in. Gumball sleeps on the bottom bunk while Anais takes the top. Also in the room is a desk with a computer, along with posters, flags, and many other possessions of the children. The room is usually messy, which is rather typical of Gumball and Darwin. In "The World," it is revealed that Anais also sleeps in her brothers' room, on the top bunk bed.
In "The Date," Anais was seen having her own room. Not much was shown except a table, pale green walls, a poster of a horse, some dolls and a toy chest with a baseball glove on it. Anais said "Get out of my room", but this was most likely a writing error. To date, this room has never been mentioned again. Despite this, it appears in Fellowship of the Things as one of the rooms Gumball can visit.
The attic made appearances in "The Poltergeist," "The Wand," "The Car," "The Treasure," "The Mirror," "The Check," "The Pest," "The Nest," "The Scam," "The Diet," "The Puppets," and "The Anybody." It is rather cluttered and a bit dusty.
Nicole and Richard's room has appeared in "The Dress," "The Poltergeist," "The Car," "The Treasure," "The Plan," "The Burden," "The Mirror," "The Man," "The Spoiler," "The Return," "The Routine," "The Origins," "The Deal," "The Worst," and "The Singing." It was mentioned briefly in "The Procrastinators." Like their children's room, this room also has a desktop computer. It is located near the front of the house.
The basement was apparently previously unknown to the family, until its appearance in "The Nobody." It is located under the stairs and it is nondescript except for wall shelves and several small cardboard boxes. Rob lived in that room since he has escaped from the Void, until Gumball and Darwin chase him out. The basement reappears in "The Gift," while Gumball and Darwin attempt to find a gift for Masami, In "The Detective," where Anais looks for Daisy the Donkey and finds Gumball. It also appears in "The Choices," "The Petals," and "The Rival." It is mentioned in "The Roots." The basement is full of items in "The Vase."
- This house is located on 1026 York Street, Vallejo, California, USA.
- The house in real life only has 1 floor, but in Gumball, it has 2 floors and an attic.
- The house was originally green when the Wattersons moved in, until Richard painted it as seen in "The Choices."
- The Watterson Children's Room is right of the stairs, yet their window is shown in the front of the house. It means the layout of the house is inconsistent, or it may be an error on the writers' part. Even stranger, in some episodes such as "The Poltergeist" and "The Car," this window is part of the attic.
- Gumball and Darwin have a game system in their living room, seemingly a combination of an SNES/SFC (controller) and Xbox 360 (shape and disc loading).
- A record player is also present in the house. In Gumball's room, there is a computer similar to the 1985 Commodore Amiga 1000.
- The Wattersons' mailbox has a little black face on the door.
- The Wattersons' TV is made by a company called "Soppy," which seems to be a parody of Sony. The real life TV set seems to be a 1979 IRRADIO (SALORA SCANMATIC 1E4)
- The house has a chimney but so far there is little evidence of it being used, as the fireplace inside has the TV blocking it.
- In the real life shots, the Robinsons' house is on the left side. In the shot of the house on the show, the Robinsons' house is on the right side.
- In an early production image, the house has eyes and a red awning over the porch with teeth. When asked if the house is alive, James Lamont replied "Everything in Elmore is alive." This early design would later appear in The Void in the titular episode.
- Gumball's room has a flag for a team called the "Ducks Dodgers," likely a reference to the titular character from the cartoon "Duck Dodgers."
- Anais' Flickr reveals a tire swing in the backyard, but it has not yet appeared in any of the episodes, other than a photo in "The Flakers."
- Richard has revealed in "The Castle" that the front door is made of solid oak.
- The house's front door has changed place over the seasons. Initially, the door was located to the right side and the front window was bigger, but it changed so the door is located in the front of the stairs and the front window became smaller.
- When talking on the phone in "The Spoiler," Gumball is talking in his room, Anais is talking on the living room phone, Nicole is talking on the phone in her room, more specifically on her desk, and Richard talking on the phone next to the bathroom door.