The Sun is a minor character in The Amazing World of Gumball. His first appearance was in "The Third." Sometimes, he does not speak but notices objects that come near him, as shown in "The Dress." The Sun also has the ability to speak and travel around the world at high speeds (as seen in "The Party"), and usually goes to sleep when night comes.
He is a yellow ball with rays when viewed from far away, and when viewed up close he looks like the real life sun but with a face.
- "The Third": He rises over the Wattersons' house.
- "The End": He gets annoyed when the Moon flies by him in a solar eclipse and literally moons him.
- "The Dress": Gumball's balloon is cut off and floats towards the Sun. When it gets too close to the Sun, the balloon pops.
- "The Laziest": He is on TV.
- "The Party": He gets disturbed in his sleep from the noise at Tobias' party.
- "The Robot": Bobert kicks a soccer ball to the Sun, causing it to pop.
- "The Picnic": Gumball and Darwin remember that the Sun is a star and they look directly at him, causing their eyes to burn in flames.
- "The Genius": He appears at the beach in a photo.
- "The Car": The Sun exclaims at how well Gumball and Darwin mowed the lawn.
- "The Meddler": He is on TV.
- "The Flower": He watches Penny's cheerleading stunts.
- "The Job": When Richard twists the accelerator on his pizza delivery motorcycle, Richard's universe-warping effect causes the Sun to become the Moon; the Sun is changed back when Richard loses his job.
- "The Words": He can briefly be seen in the sky right before the school bus is seen.
- "Christmas": He appears on a card hanging above the Wattersons' fireplace.
- "The Bumpkin": The Sun watches the Wattersons driving off the expressway.
- "The Pony": Gumball says it is getting dark outside and looks at the Sun.
- "The Sidekick": The Sun and the Moon switch places for a moment when Gumball reboots his pretend video game.
- "The World": He is seen in space with the Moon and Earth.
- "The Joy": He briefly appears on a poster in Miss Simian's office.
- "The Burden": Chris Morris can be seen bathing in his light.
- "The Question": He appears at the end of "Your Life Doesn't Count."
- "The Saint": He watches Gumball and Darwin jump from a plane.
- "The Countdown": He blows up when Gumball says that he would explode 4.75 billion years later.
- "The Crew": He can be seen on a poster in the alleyway.
- "The Hug": A sticker of him appears in Darwin's locker.
- "The Origins: Part Two": He can be seen in a map of Elmore.
- "The Love": He is seen talking to the Moon. This is his first major role.
- "The Compilation": He is seen singing "Weird Like You And Me."
- "The Boredom": He is seen talking and arguing with the Moon.
- "The Vision": He appears during Alan's happy camp explanation.
- "The Code": He is in one of the thumbnails on Darwin's Elmoreflix reproduction.
- "The Stars": Gumball and Darwin give him one star.
- "The Singing": He and the Solar System make fun of Pluto.
- "The Nuisance": He coughs and passes out.
- "The Cringe": He is on a scoreboard.
- "The Future": Banana Barbara tries to shoo him.
- "The Wish": A photo of him can be seen in the alleway.
- "The Web": He is on a website.
- "Vote Gumball…and Bobert?" (flashback)
- The Sun is ninety-three million miles away.
- The Sun is the oldest character in the series, along with the rest of the Solar System and followed by the oldest animal in Elmore, Miss Simian.
- In season 3, his CGI form gets a re-design.
- He is one of the few characters to be animated in both 2D and 3D. The other characters to be animated like this are the Moon, Rob, Ocho, and Blitzer.
Rate me one star? I am one star!
|—Sun to Gumball and Darwin in "The Stars"|