| Sarah G. Lato
| Character Information
Sarah is an anthropomorphic ice cream cone. The ice cream portion of her body is yellow and the cone is orange in coloration, with brown stripes. She has thin legs and arms the same color as her head. Her lips are colored red. She has yellow irises and is one of the few characters to have them.
In her initial appearances, she seemed to be soft-spoken and rarely made speaking appearances. Later episodes show otherwise, however. In "The Sweaters," it is shown that she can be a bit forceful in getting things her way. Such is seen when she tries to persuade the Watterson brothers with all her might to partake in the tennis game with Carlton and Troy.
She is also a stalker, as revealed in "The Fan." She seems to see things played out as a sort of a sitcom, with herself as a character, even carrying around a tape recorder that plays a laugh track and accompanying music. Sarah is also extremely obsessed with Gumball and Darwin, whom she views as her only friends, and appears to also erotically fantasize about them.
She has tried to cure her obsessive personality by going to therapy sessions with Mr. Small, but they have not helped. This is emphasized by the fact she has tried to skip the meetings but feels compelled to go to every one due to her obsessive-compulsive personality.
Despite her obsession with Gumball and Darwin, she does possess common sense and can be irritated by Gumball's idiocy and obliviousness. Such was the case in "The Potato", where she tried to explain how much of a bad idea it was to send Idaho, the potato, see Darwin, who was fighting off his potato cravings. She also demonstrated that she does have a temper, once becoming annoyed when Tobias was taking Gumball's place as the loser and ruining his and their lives, with Darwin having to restrain her from beating him with a bat.
"The Comic", "The Test" and "The Shippening" give insight into Sarah's more nerdy side. In "The Comic," Sarah is obsessed with superheroes, specifically writing fanfiction about a superhero version of Gumball. "The Test" shows her knowledge of the world of sitcoms, as she is quick to point out all the cliches and tropes of lazy sitcoms to Darwin. In this same episode, an online test describes Sarah as the "anime-obsessed fangirl who obsesses over the loser" (i.e. Gumball). "The Shippening" shows her having excessive knowledge of different ships in the show, specifically Carwin, Carball and Gumwin.
- "The Banana": She is in Mr. Small's class; this is her first appearance.
- "The Apology": She is in Miss Simian's class.
- "The Skull": She is on the school bus.
- "The Bet": She is in Miss Simian's class.
- "The Pony": She appears in Ripley 2000.
- "The Hero": She is on the bus.
- "The Dream": She is in Miss Simian's class.
- "The Sidekick": She is in the school cafeteria.
- "The Photo": She can be seen in one of the school corridors.
- "The Storm": She is in Miss Simian's class.
- "The Voice": Her first speaking role. She is seen eating her lunch on the school stadium benches. Gumball and Darwin apologize to Sarah for never talking to her and actually having something to apologize for. She then makes her head fall off.
- "The Promise": She is seen riding the school bus.
- "The Boombox": She is one of the students celebrating Miss Simian's (false) retirement.
- "The Tape": She is seen talking with Carmen and Masami, when they get coins rained on them by Tobias.
- "The Sweaters": Her first major role. She has transferred from Richwood High, and she compliments how "hardcore" Gumball and Darwin are, which inadvertently causes rift between them and Carlton and Troy.
- "The Finale": She gets knocked over by Gumball and Darwin in school, and later, she is among the angry crowd attacking the Wattersons at the end of the episode.
- "The Fan": Her second major role; she appears throughout the episode expressing her obsession with Gumball and Darwin.
- "The Coach": She is one of the victims of Jamie's bullying.
- "The Joy": She is behind Darwin when he shows the back of his head is burning, melted.
- "The Recipe": She participates in the swimming class.
- "The Name": Zach licks her at the bus stop.
- "The Fraud": She is in the corridor with Colin, Felix, Penny, and Carmen.
- "The Void": She is part of the cheerleading squad.
- "The Move": She throws a small piece of herself at Tobias when he tries to date her.
- "The Law": She is in a line for ice cream. Later, her head falls off when the Doughnut Sheriff drives on the sidewalk.
- "The Allergy": A piece of herself smears all over Teri's face at the schoolyard.
- "The Bros": She is seen in the school bus.
- "The Mirror": She is seen in the schoolyard.
- "The Lie": She is seen inside the school bus, listening to Gumball talk about Sluzzle Tag.
- "The Butterfly": Patrick accidentally knocks her over.
- "The Saint": She hugs Alan, but is chased away by Carmen.
- "The Oracle": She is one the many people who want to be the 1,000,000th costumer.
- "The Safety": She is one of the students who watch the safety video in horror. Later she joins other students in saluting Gumball and Darwin as they pass by.
- "The Society": She appears at the school play auditions, and later as a member of the secret society.
- "The Countdown": She (and alternate versions of herself) can be seen in Miss Simian's classroom.
- "The Triangle": She is in the cafeteria.
- "The Return": She is on the school bus, wondering where Gumball and Darwin are.
- "The Check": She appears as a zombie in Darwin's charity fantasy.
- "The Pest": She appears in Billy's puppet show.
- "The Gift": She is one of the many Elmore Junior High students rushing to the mall.
- "The Upgrade": She is in music class.
- "The Comic": Her third major role. She tries to be the person Gumball and Darwin will save.
- "The Uploads": She appears briefly at the end in a viral video, happily cuddling a pillow with Gumball and Darwin faces on it.
- "The Hug": While trying to hide from Hot Dog Guy, Gumball knocks her down, drops a physics book on her head and tries to hide in her locker, but ends up messing up his face.
- "The Wicked": She's at the Mall running away from Mrs. Robinson.
- "The Traitor": She briefly appears in the episode.
- "The Girlfriend": She runs away after the bus blows up, and later says "Hey, guys." to Gumball and Darwin, which enrages Jamie.
- "The Advice": She is seen being chased by the Abraham Lincoln Goat, and later gets injured by Gumball and Darwin making the hallway floors slippery.
- "The Points": A stink bomb goes off in the school science lab, knocking out Sarah, Carmen, and Juke.
- "The Bus": She is on the hijacked school bus.
- "The Night": It is revealed that she sleeps with her head in a freezer. She later appears in Hector's dream, where it is revealed that Hector has a crush on her. He then kisses her on her cheek and she is flattered and giggles.
- "The Misunderstandings": She is at the mall.
- "The Blame": She, joins several other students to convince their parents that books are just as bad as video games.
- "The Slap": She appears in Miss Simian's classroom.
- "The Fury": She is seen Miss Simian's classroom.
- "The Compilation": She appears briefly near the end of the episode, singing along to the "Weird Like You And Me."
- "The Scam": She appears in Miss Simian's classroom, and later appears at the cafeteria.
- "The Disaster": Gumball accidentally runs into her and kisses her due to the lights going on and off.
- "The Rerun": She is at the mall.
- "The Stories": She, along with every student and teacher at school are forced to listen to Molly go on and on about her stories. She later intentionally lets Jamie hit her in the head with a dodgeball. Eventually she and everyone try to give Molly a story worth listening to.
- "The Boredom": She is at the mall.
- "The Vision": She appears in Gumball's and Darwin's visualization of Alan's manifesto, spreading the word that Alan would make a great class president.
- "The Code": She is in the school cafeteria.
- "The Test": Her fourth major role. She gets Gumball to take an online test to determine what part he plays in the world, and then tries to help him regain his role as "the loser."
- "The Loophole": She leaves class with the other students.
- "The Potato": Her fifth major role. She tries to help Darwin stop eating potatoes.
- "The Console": Gumball summons her to battle.
- "The Catfish": She is seen at school.
- "The Grades": She is in class.
- "The Sorcerer":
- "The Uncle": She is in class in Gumball's imagination.
- "The Weirdo":
- "The Best": She is seen in the schoolyard.
- "The Worst": She is seen on the bus. Later, she is in class with Richard.
- "The Petals": She is seen in the hallway.
- "The Line": She is one of the people running to a cinema to see the first screening.
- "The News": She is walking on the sidewalk on the news.
- "The Puppets": She is on the bus.
- "The One": Tobias melts her with a hairdryer and tries to use her powers against Darwin. It is later shown she was not actually harmed.
- "The Cringe": She is seen in the hallway talking to Penny.
- "The Anybody": She is seen in the school bus.
- "The Faith": She is part of the crowd at Elmore Stadium, and joins Butterknife and several others in supporting embroidery over magic.
- "The Candidate": She is part of the group of kids locked in school.
- "The Pact": She is annoyed by Gumball poorly singing "Without You" on the school bus. Later, she listens to Principal Brown accidentally reveal his and Gumball's pact over the intercom.
- "The Shippening": Her sixth major role. She finds a magic notepad from the Awesome Store and writes bizarre love stories throughout Elmore.
- "The Intelligence": Her voice is heard.
- "The Spinoffs": She is in a picture laying in the grass with Molly and Ocho.
- "The Understanding": She is in the cafeteria.
- "The Stink": She is in class when Principal Brown informs the students about Mr. Small's absence.
- "The Ghouls": She sings All Hail All Hallow's Eve! Later, she breaks into Ghostfac's house.
- "The Awareness": She is on the bus.
- "The Drama": She is in the cafeteria. Later, she is on the bus.
- "The Buddy": She is in the schoolyard.
- "The Silence": She is seen in the cafeteria.
- "The Agent": She is on a monitor.
- "The Mess": She wants to kiss Gumball and Darwin.
- "The Decisions": She is in the cafeteria.
- "The Inquisition": She is turned into a human.
Click here to view the gallery.
- Sarah appears as the first new student of Miss Simian's class.
- She seems to be one of the tallest girls in school (excluding Tina)
- According to character models, she was originally named Dolly.
- This can be seen as in the Elmore Junior High Yearbook, as she was named Dolly.
- She had her first speaking role in "The Voice."
- She was originally a student at Richwood High, which is odd as she now attends junior high.
- She is named after the show's producer, Sarah Fell.
- Despite being considered a new student in "The Sweaters," she appeared in 13 episodes before it.
- Her middle initial and surname are a play on "gelato," the Italian word for "ice cream."
- Her last name, "G. Lato," was revealed in "The Fan."
- She is a mangaka, a person who draws manga comics.
- Despite being an anthropomorphic ice cream herself, she is seen eating ice cream in "The Fan ," "The Law," and "The Butterfly."
- According to character designer William Laborie, Sarah was originally a replacement for Molly in Season 2, right before the events of "The Void."
- Gumball and Darwin did not know her name in "The Voice," even though they were the ones that showed her around the school.
- Sarah is one of the six named girls in Elmore Junior High whose first name does not end in an "ee" sound; the others being Tina, Carmen, Anais, Clare, and Rachel.
- In the episode "The Potato", Sarah gave herself the nickname "Scoop Dogg," parodying the name of the hip-hop/rap artist Snoop Dogg.