Patrick Fitzgerald is a recurring character in The Amazing World of Gumball. He is the father figure of the Fitzgeralds. Unlike Nicole, he did not approve of Gumball and Penny's relationship at first, until "The Shell."
Patrick greatly resembles his daughter, Penny, the only difference being that he is much larger and bulkier with more masculine features than his daughter, with large moose antlers. He also wears brown sandals with socks.
Unlike Penny, Patrick has never been shown without his shell, though it can be inferred he looks similar to his daughter.
In the storyboard for "The Date," his shell was thinner than the rest of his family, he had a mustache, and his legs were shorter.
Patrick is very protective of his family, especially Penny, and has a very serious demeanor. In "The Shell," the reasoning for his over-protectiveness is revealed to be due to the family's shape-shifting abilities. He believed that the world would perceive them as monsters without their shells. He correctly predicted that Penny was too unstable— she ended up going on a shape-shifting rampage throughout the town, changing into a progressively more monstrous form every time someone called her a monster.
He perceives Gumball to be a troublemaker when he first meets him, but after he saves Penny, he welcomes him, although he does still regularly find a reason to want to keep Gumball away from his daughter.
He owns and works at his own construction company, named Fitzgerald Co. Limited.
He appears to be a very fit person, as he is seen jogging in three episodes, and is also able to break Gumball's ukulele in "The Knights."
- "The DVD": He appears in the pool in his backyard with Judith during the chase sequence.
- "The Gi": He appears as his younger self bullying Richard in Nicole's flashback.
- "The Date": His first speaking role. He appears at Mr. Cuddles' funeral.
- "The Knights": His first major role. He strictly declines both Tobias and Gumball's advances towards Penny.
- "Christmas": He appears with his family in the "Christmas is Cancelled" number.
- "The Watch": He appears jogging while Marvin gets chased.
- "The Bumpkin": He appears near his swimming pool when office equipment falls into it.
- "The Authority": He is one of the drivers involved in a pile-up.
- "The Pony": He is driving his car and almost hits Gumball and Darwin's DVD.
- "The Tag": He briefly appears driving his car.
- "The Limit": He is one of the shoppers at Elmore Shopping.
- "'The Internet": He is one of the drivers involved in a massive pile-up.
- "The World": He and his family are gathered around a campfire in a forest.
- "The Finale": He is fighting Richard in his backyard, and is seen in the angry crowd of Elmore citizens attacking the Wattersons at the end of the episode.
- "The Kids": He intimidates Gumball on the phone because of the latter's fluctuating voice. Later he shows up with Penny in his car.
- "The Name": He is seen in Gumball's subconscious.
- "The Law": He appears driving his car when the Donut Cop is on a driving rampage. He later reappears jogging through Elmore Park.
- "The Shell": He tries to prevent Penny from seeing Gumball in fear of her revealing her true self. Later, he is seen watching Gumball and Penny kiss with approval.
- "The Bros": He is seen along with the rest of his family (excluding Penny) watching his house burn down.
- "The Butterfly": He is seen in line before Harold pushes him forward and accidentally knocks Sarah over.
- "The Oracle": He is seen in the mall at the dad bench.
- "The Spoiler": He is eavesdropping on Gumball and Penny's phone conversation.
- "The Countdown": His antler is seen in an alternate timeline.
- "The Nemesis": He is seen mowing his lawn.
- "The Routine": He is seen at Elmore Shopping, running from Mr. Rex.
- "The Romantic": He is seen driving his car, when he dodges Rocky's school bus.
- "The Apprentice": His second major role. He lets Gumball become his apprentice for the day to prove that he is worthy of Penny.
- "The Wicked": He is seen at the mall.
- "The Traitor": He is seen at the cinema.
- "The Origins: Part Two": He is seen running from Darwin.
- "The Signal": He was going to drive to work, until the Wattersons' car destroys half of his car.
- "The Love": He is seen in the restaurant and is creeped out by Sussie's parents.
- "The Awkwardness" (mentioned)
- "The Nest": He is seen running when the baby turtles raid Elmore.
- "The Night": He is seen throwing stuff at the Moon.
- "The Misunderstandings" (mentioned)
- "The Blame": He is seen at the auditorium.
- "The Boredom": He appears during Sal's song.
- "The Cycle": He attends prom night in Richard's flashback.
- "The Ex": He sings "Happy Birthday" to Penny in a flashback.
- "The Singing": He is seen at the restaurant during "You're a Hairy Lady."
- "The Best": He is seen in the public bus.
- "The Worst": He is on the bus.
- "The Deal": He is injured by the stars left from Nicole's celebratory fireworks.
- "The Petals": He is shoving a log into a woodchipper when Leslie approaches him.
- "The Nuisance": He is seen among the crowd trying to kick the Wattersons out of Elmore.
- "The List": He is seen in the audience watching the symphony.
- "The News": He is seen raking the front yard while Mike walks up to the camera.
- "The Father": He pins down Richard for trying to steal Polly's football. Later, he drives his car.
- "The Cage": He is seen in the crowd cheering for Mr. Corneille.
- "The Anybody": He is seen on a flyer.
- "The Faith": He is part of the crowd at the Elmore Stadium, and joins the butterknife and several others in supporting embroidery over magic.
- "The Candidate": He attends the Children's Future Ball.
- "The Shippening": He is at the mall.
- "The Schooling": He is at the cinema.
- "The Transformation": His third major role. He makes Gumball decide whether his family should stay in their shells or not.
- "The Mess": He picks up Polly.
- "The Revolt": He is in Darwin's imagination.
- "The Decisions": He is at the mall.
- Dan Russell (US/UK)
- Ettore Zuim (Brazil, season 1)
- Luiz Carlos Persy (Brazil, seasons 2–4)
- Victor Posta (Hungary, season 1)
- Gábor Sótonyi (Hungary, season 2)
- Attila Vári (Hungary, season 3–present)
- Gerardo Suárez (Latin Spanish, season 1–2)
- Dafnis Fernández (Latin Spanish, season 3–present)
Click here to view the gallery.
- His first name was revealed in "The Shell."
- His first appearance is ironic because he appears before Penny does in the series.
- In "The Kids," he says he has a set of skills in real estate. That could mean he has or used to have a job in real estate.