| Harry Tootmorsel
| Character Information
Harry "Ocho" Tootmorsel is a recurring character in The Amazing World of Gumball. He is a spider designed in 8-bit graphics. He is in Miss Simian's class at Elmore Junior High. He has anger issues, as revealed in "The Phone," as well as trust issues, as revealed in "The Uncle."
Ocho is a small, black 8-bit spider. His design is either a tribute to the design of the alien ships in the arcade game Space Invaders or one of the Jelectros from Super Mario Bros. 3. Like the alien ships in Space Invaders, Ocho can levitate, and shoot rays that disintegrate objects and people into cubes (although in "The Phone," Gumball and Darwin are shown to have three lives, like in Space Invaders). In his early concept, he was colored blue instead of black, had smaller eyes, and was more 2D.
Ocho is mostly nice and friendly when interacting with others that are nice to him. However, agitating him enough causes him to become erratically angry, and begin shouting at and attacking other people. In "The Phone", Ocho's anger issues extend to the point where he will try to murder someone for insulting his mother. Ocho's short-temper is so legendary that his classmates tend to steer clear of him when he is angry.
In "The Uncle," Ocho is shown to have a somewhat twisted sense of humor; letting Gumball believe he's been kidnapped and is about to die for a solid minute before revealing he pranked him - completely oblivious to the trauma Gumball received. He later admits he can be way too intense and controlling but he has trust issues, as he believes people only want to befriend him because his uncle is famous.
- "The Third": When Gumball and Darwin consider Tina for their third friend, they witness her squashing him, along with Anton and Idaho.
- "The End": He is seen passing by Gumball and Penny's "wedding."
- "The Dress": He is in front of Gumball in the lunch line. He gets mad because his lunch is gross.
- "The Spoon": He appears on a poster.
- "The Pressure": He is in the cafeteria.
- ”The Gi”: He makes fun of Gumball and Darwin.
- "The Party": He is in the cafeteria.
- "The Refund": He appears on a poster in Ripley 2000.
- "The Picnic": He comes with the rest of the school to the picnic.
- "The Mustache": He is seen at Elmore Park.
- "The Club": He is featured in this episode as a member of the Reject Club.
- "The Curse": He sees Gumball in his clothes from the lost & found.
- "The Flower": He briefly appears on a poster in Carrie's bedroom.
- "The Phone": His first major and speaking role. He is seen attacking Gumball and Darwin for them yelling at him on the phone.
- "The Words": He is a background vocal in the song "What He Thinks About Us!".
- "The Watch": He is seen on the school bus.
- "The Bumpkin": He appears on a poster.
- "The Pony": He is seen inside Ripley 2000.
- "The Dream": A giant version of him walks in Gumball's dream, and he is later seen in Miss Simian's classroom.
- "The Sidekick": He is seen in line.
- "The Storm": He speaks once more in Miss Simian's class.
- "The Photo": He appears in the school hall.
- "The Promise": He and Gumball are fighting outside Ripley 2000.
- "The Boombox": He is seen with the students celebrating Miss Simian's (false) retirement.
- "The Tape": He appears in one of Gumball's videotapes, and is shown using the Konami Code for various things.
- "The Void": He appears briefly in the school yearbook.
- "The Procrastinators": He can be seen on a magazine cover.
- "The Pizza": He appears on a poster in Laser Video.
- "The Saint":
- "The Safety": He appears in the school cafeteria on one of Darwin's surveillance monitors.
- "The Spoiler": He appears in a magazine.
- "The Countdown": He appears again on a poster in Laser Video.
- "The Downer": He appears on yet another poster.
- "The Money": He can be seen in a magazine.
- "The Gift": He is one of the students running to the mall to get the Mic Graves for Masami.
- "The Wicked": He is on one of the TV screens in the mall.
- "The Points": His profile picture can be seen in the computer game Tobias is playing.
- "The Night": He is seen sleeping with a pause button up his head.
- "The Blame": He is seen in the picture Mr. Small had and can later be seen running into the auditorium with the other students.
- "The Compilation": He is seen singing "Weird Like You And Me."
- "The Stories": He is riding the school bus and tries drowning out Molly's stories for Tobias.
- "The Vision": He is among the students sent to Alan's happy camp.
- "The Code": He is at the cafeteria. This is also his sixth speaking role.
- "The Uncle": His second major role. He forces Gumball to go through several tests to ensure that he is a real friend.
- "The Weirdo": He appears in the schoolyard.
- "The Singing": He can be seen running around Miss Simian's classroom during "I'm Singing."
- "The Worst": He makes fun of Gumball and Darwin in the school showering stalls.
- "The Puppets": He can be seen on the school bus.
- "The One": (mentioned)
- "The Cringe": He is in Miss Simian's class.
- "The Anybody": He leaves school at the end of the day. Later, he is watching Stellar Odyssey.
- "The Pact": He is annoyed by Gumball's singing and is shocked when Principal Brown boards the bus. Later, he gets in a fight with Tobias and Banana Joe.
- ”The Shippening”: He is shipped with Idaho.
- "The Schooling": He appears on a poster in the gas station.
- "The Spinoffs": He talks about himself in Everyday Heroes.
- "The Name"
- Max Cazier (US/UK)
- Yuri Calandrino (Brazil)
Click here to view the gallery.
- His name is a gag, as "Ocho" means eight in Spanish, which refers to him being a spider and having an 8-bit design.
- Even though he is a spider, he only has six legs. This is probably because of the limits of 8-bit graphics.
- Ocho has his first speaking role in "The Phone."
- His real name is Harry Tootmorsel as revealed in "The Uncle."
- Despite his stature, Ocho is strong enough to lift people, as seen in "The Club," when he was hoisting up Gumball.
- The episode "The Phone" was the first episode that revolved around him, though he played a recurring non-speaking role in "The Club."
- Ocho can use cheat codes in real life, as shown in "The Tape."
- He is shown using the famous Konami Code in the episode.
- Judging by the fact he has been seen in magazines in numerous episodes, he could be famous.
- He had no physical appearance in Season 3, other than appearing in books, screens, magazines, and posters. However, he was originally going to appear in "The Name", at Zach's party, but was removed.
- He had no speaking roles in Season 4.
- In "The Blame," it is suggested that Ocho used to look like a human being (which resembled Jacob Hopkins, Gumball's second voice actor) and that his 8-bit graphic form is a result of excessive gaming. However, this is probably a non-canon joke.
- Even though it was his first major appearance in an episode, he does not speak in "The Club."
- Ocho is one of six characters to share his name with another, that other being Gary, whose real name is "Harry". Other two share their names with each other but not with Ocho and Gary: they are Billy, whose name is short for "William", and William, and the remaining two are Timmy the Frog and Timmy, the internet.
- In the early reel and the first season, Ocho had an 8-bit web he used to swing on ceilings and tree branches, but it stopped appearing after he gained the ability to float and fly in season two.
- He was originally blue.