Mic Graves is a British animation director, writer, producer, actor, and voice actor. He is most known for working on Cartoon Network's The Amazing World of Gumball as the series director, and the voice of Banana Joe and various characters. After Gumball ended, he is currently a supervising director on the Cartoon Network animated series Elliott from Earth.
Graves first worked on commercials and UK-related shorts; the most famous of these is The Canterbury Tales, before he was hired by Ben Bocquelet to direct The Amazing World of Gumball. He has worked in the animation business since 1998 and has won many awards and nominations for his work, which is probably the main reason why Bocquelet hired him to direct his show.
- He makes a few cameo appearances throughout the series:
- His face appears in "The Boombox," "The Signal," and "The Web."
- His name is seen on the covers of How to Ratatwang Your Panda, A Pony's Tail, and The Tale of Zelmore.
- In "The Colossus" and "The Procrastinators," the Captain Punch comic book has "Mic G Comics Group" along the left border of the cover.
- The painting of the clown in the Wattersons' kitchen is signed "M. Graves."
- In "The Gift," Mic Graves is also the name of a painter.
- In "The Blame," an arcade game has a "Vote Mic Graves" poster in the background with his photo on it.