Marvin Finklehimer is a short, round, and red bean-like figure. He wears a small brown hat and walks with a cane. He has only three teeth and overly large eyes with brown pupils. Because of his old age, Marvin’s face is very wrinkly, and his limbs are shaky and flimsy.
Marvin is usually seen with the rest of his friends, the senior citizens. He seems to be quite energetic for an old man, as he is seen teasing Anais with a biscuit in "The Responsible." However, he is also quite frail at other times, as most elderly people are. He can also be quite stubborn, as shown in "The Watch."
Marvin, being a senior citizen, suffers from a lack of attention from younger generations due to the age of technology. This is evident in "The Intelligence," where he describes technology preventing younger generations from listening to the stories of elders, and subsequently tries to prevent Gumball and Darwin from escaping to find the Internet.
Marvin is quite flirtatious, as he goes on a date with the hexagon lady in "The Watch" and flirts with her in "The Tag." He also offers to go on a date with Karen in "The Butterfly" despite acting frail and weak mere seconds before.
- "The Responsible": He compliments Anais in the park and he believes that she is Gumball's pet, and teases her with a dog biscuit.
- "The Debt": He does a tap dance for a talent show and injures himself in the process.
- "The End": He is in line.
- "The Laziest": He is seen with the senior citizens.
- "The Prank": He watches Richard with a bucket on his head.
- "The Kiss": Gumball jumps into his arms out of happiness, fixing his aching back. However, Darwin also comes and slaps him on the back, messing it up again.
- "The Goons": He arrives in third place of the Dumb Race. He also runs over Gumball and Anais by accident, injuring them both.
- "The Poltergeist": He is in the cinema.
- "The Wand": He is seen in the movie theatre during Richard's flashback.
- "The Colossus": He is seen sitting down with the senior citizens during Hector's rampage.
- "The Job": He is seen floating on his chair.
- "The Words": He is seen in the background on one of Tobias' photos.
- "Christmas": He is seen at the hospital.
- "The Watch": His first major role and only antagonistic role. Gumball, Darwin, and Richard try to retrieve the family watch from him.
- "The Bumpkin": He was seen driving a black car on the expressway.
- "The Flakers": Gumball and Darwin believe that Richard runs him over on the street.
- "The Pony": He appears walking with a bag with DVDs and bumps into Gumball and Darwin.
- "The Tag": He is hit by a garbage bin, and his cane is knocked out of his hand.
- "The Tape": He appears in one of Gumball's videotapes.
- "The Finale": He watches Richard and Patrick fight, and later, he is seen with the angry crowd of Elmore citizens attacking the Wattersons during the end of the episode.
- "The Name": He can be seen waiting in line at Elmore Shopping.
- "The Extras": His second major role. He is one of the characters who take the spotlight.
- "The Law": He can be seen running out of the Donut Cop's way.
- "The Allergy": He is flung away by the Wattersons in the road, after Darwin's sneeze makes their car hit him.
- "The Mothers": He is seen in the crowd watching Gumball and Darwin being saved by Nicole.
- "The Shell": He is in the theater.
- "The Pizza": He is chased by a tiger.
- "The Lie": He appears singing carols with other citizens in the Elmore Mall.
- "The Butterfly": He tries to grab a $20 bill but ends up getting stuck. He ends up paying the $20 to the Donut Cop for breakdancing without a license.
- "The Question": He appears in Elmore Park.
- "The Oracle": He crashes into a shop window at the mall and later is part of the angry mob attacking Gumball.
- "The Safety": He appears on Darwin's security cameras.
- "The Spoiler": He is at the cinema.
- "The Countdown": He is seen in the public bus that Gumball and Darwin take.
- "The Nobody": He can be seen at the hot dog stand waiting in line.
- "The Downer": He appears on the side of the road, watching Gumball cause a traffic jam.
- "The Nemesis": He can be seen riding the public bus.
- "The Crew": His third major role. He is trying to get old Gumball and Darwin to send a message to Louie.
- "The Others": He is on the bus.
- "The Signature": He is mentioned by Nicole when she is writing a guest list. He later appears at the town hall.
- "The Parking": He fights with the Wattersons over a parking space.
- "The Comic": He is at the park.
- "The Romantic": He appears in the musical number.
- "The Wicked": His keys are thrown into his car by Margaret, and later appears at the Elmore Mall.
- "The Traitor": He can be briefly seen at the cinema.
- "The Origins: Part Two": He runs away from Darwin.
- "The Signal": He is seen driving his car on the expressway.
- "The Awkwardness": He is seen in the crowded bus.
- "The Nest": He gets eaten by the Evil Turtle.
- "The Bus": He is seen in his car on the expressway.
- "The Night": He is seen yelling at the Moon.
- "The Blame": He is in the auditorium.
- "The Fury": He is seen driving his car on the expressway.
- "The Compilation": He drives over a speed bump, sending his car into a pileup.
- "The Guy": He is one of Gumball's "Spot and Burn" targets.
- "The Boredom": He is almost knocked down by the Donut Cop's car.
- "The Choices": His younger self is seen protesting with Mr. Small.
- "The Code": He is seen riding the bus.
- "The Slide": He is seen leaving the hospital in a wheelchair.
- "The Console": Anais attacks him at the park.
- "The Ollie": He is among the people laughing at Gumball.
- "The Cycle": He appears in the mall.
- "The Diet": He watches Richard.
- "The Heist": He appears in the bank.
- "The Singing": He is given a handkerchief by Billy in his imagination.
- "The Best": Carmen offers him a seat on the public bus, but is pushed by Gumball, causing his dentures to fly out the window.
- "The Worst": He can be seen riding the public bus.
- "The Nuisance": He appears at the town hall meeting and later has his cabinet moved by the Wattersons.
- "The Line": He's one of the people racing to the first showing of Stellar Odyssey.
- "The Lady": His fourth major role. He dresses as Violet.
- "The One": The top of his head is seen on a bus.
- "The Father": He drives a car.
- "The Cage": He watches the fight between Mr. Corneille and Joao.
- "The Anybody": He appears dressed as Violet in a flashback to "The Lady." He later appears in the cinema.
- "The Faith": He can be seen driving his car, which runs over the Donut Cop. During "Life Is Beautiful," he is shown catching the avian flu from a bird.
- "The Shippening": He is shipped with the hexagon lady by Sarah.
- "The Brain": He drives his car in Anais' dream.
- "The Parents": He is seen playing chess against Nicole.
- "The Intelligence": He helps Gumball and Darwin in escaping from the angry citizens, but later tries to lock them up.
- "The Potion": He is on the bus.
- "The Drama": He is at the park and a demon breathes on him.
- "The Mess": He drives.
- "The Revolt": He appears in Darwin's imagination.
- "The Decisions": He is at the mall and is knocked over.
- Dan Russell (United States, United Kingdom)
- Waldir Fiori † (Brazil, season 1)
- André Belizar (Brazil, season 2 onwards)
Click here to view the gallery.
- His first major role was in "The Watch."
- In "The Debt," he was referred to as Bert, but in "The Watch," it was revealed that his real name is Marvin Finklehimer.
- In "The Watch," Hank refers to Marvin as an octogenarian, meaning he is in his 80s.
- However, in "Life Is Beautiful," Darwin refers to him as a "ninety-something guy."
- In "The Intelligence," he mentions that he has grandchildren.