| Lucy Simian
| Character Information
Miss Simian is a very old monkey. She has dark grey fur, a homely primate face, and wears a pale brownish-buff polka-dotted dress. Like most primates, her arms span the length of her body, though she walks solely on her two legs instead of using her arms to help. She is also rather skinny for a primate.
In her Season 2 redesign, her dress is pink with no dots and pink outlines, the wrinkles on her lips are gone, and her pelvis is not visible. Also, her face has now a color of pink on her nose, eye bags, and ears, as compared to Season 1, in which her face's colors are only black and white. She now has yellow eye white with greenish irises.
Miss Simian is very grumpy and does not seem to care about her students in the least, especially Gumball, who she hates with a passion. She is a vicious and sadistic woman, who takes great pleasure in giving out pop quizzes, and outright lying to her students so that she does not get in trouble. She is also known for bullying people much younger than her, as shown in "The Ape." Her nasty attitude is somewhat justified by the fact that she is been a teacher for many years (numbered in the thousands), a job that she apparently hates, but grudgingly continues to work at. She seems to make an exception for William, as she takes him in as her personal snitch (although this has never been shown to happen in-show).
In "The Apology," it is shown that when she becomes particularly enraged or frustrated, she reverts to a much more feral personality, and (like a real ape) will loudly screech, and go on a rampage of destruction. In "The Joy," she appears to get happier as long as her students are sad and enjoys proving herself right all the time.
- Main article: Lucy Simian/Relationships
- "The Responsible": She appears at the parent evening.
- "The Third": She instructs the students to play "trust ball."
- "The End": She is seen teaching her class.
- "The Dress": She is one of the people who fall for Gumball's disguise.
- "The Painting": Gumball and Darwin draw on her portrait.
- "The Mystery": She is first seen when she learns about Principal Brown being hurt.
- "The Ghost": She is mentioned when Darwin puts some of her dandruff in his mixture of gross things.
- "The Party": She parties at Tobias' house.
- "The Picnic": She leads her class to a picnic trip.
- "The Secret": She is seen in Darwin's flashback.
- "The Sock": She accuses Gumball who she thinks is lying about his homework.
- "The Genius": She appears in Gumball's mind.
- "The Mustache": She teaches her class about the human body.
- "The Club" (mentioned)
- "The Ape": Her first major role. She is trying to get a teacher's recommendation from Gumball and Darwin, who were trying to help her with having fun in life.
- "The Meddler" (mentioned)
- "The Fight": Gumball begs her to send him to detention, but she quickly refuses.
- "The Banana": She is seen drinking her coffee when Gumball and Darwin dash by her, making her drop her cup.
- "The Apology": Her second major role. She is trying to prove that Gumball and Darwin are bad children by doing some tests, until she decides to frame them, all of which is ruining her relationship with Nigel Brown.
- "The Words": She is seen in her classroom.
- "The Skull": She demands to know who upset Clayton in the cafeteria.
- "The Bet": Bobert literally makes her chill.
- "Christmas": She is seen carrying a turkey that is possessed by Carrie.
- "The Flakers": She is seen mowing the lawn when Richard dashes past her, making her mow Nigel's hair.
- "The Storm": She is seen in her classroom.
- "The Lesson": She is seen with Principal Brown when Gumball cleans the principal's office.
- "The Boombox": She talks to Principal Brown. Later, she appears when everyone celebrates when they think she is retiring.
- "The Tape": She can be heard when Ocho cheats on his test.
- "The Joy": Her third major role. She is the only one who notices the joy virus and later tries to combat the virus with the supposed cure.
- "The Fraud": She first appears when Principal Brown breaks into her office.
- "The Move": Her name can be seen on the notice Banana Joe reads in the hallway.
- "The Burden": She has "romance time" with Principal Brown.
- "The Lie": Her fourth major role. She tries to make sure that the entirety of Elmore sees that Sluzzle Tag is a lie.
- "The Butterfly": She teaches her class about the butterfly effect.
- "The Saint": She, along with Principal Brown and the Librarian are yelling angrily at Alan.
- "The Safety": She is seen on one of Darwin's security cameras.
- "The Society": She is seen in the schoolyard.
- "The Countdown": She threatens to expel Gumball and Darwin if they continue to arrive at school late. She is also frozen in time.
- "The Triangle": She can be seen bumping into Coach near the beginning of the episode.
- "The Return": She is teaching her class, before Richard drives by the classroom.
- "The Others": A painting of her appears.
- "The Pest": She gives Gumball and Anais advice.
- "The Uploads": Although not seen, her voice can only be heard in her classroom.
- "The Advice": She slips on the oily floor and falls out the window. Later, she and Principal Brown try to confront Gumball and Darwin, but get knocked out by the Abraham Lincoln Goat.
- "The Love": She is part of the "What is Love?" segment.
- "The Night": She is seen at the teachers' lounge in Teri's dream.
- "The Blame": She is at the PTA meeting in the school theater.
- "The Compilation": She is seen with a whole group of people singing "Weird Like You And Me."
- "The Scam": She is grading her classes Halloween show-and-tell.
- "The Disaster" (cameo)
- "The Stories" (mentioned)
- "The Boredom": She is at the Elmore Mall.
- "The Test": She is seen in her classroom.
- "The Loophole": She is seen in her classroom and later at the mall.
- "The Potato" (mentioned)
- "The Grades": Her fifth major role. She gets Gumball kicked out of her class and later has to accept him back in.
- "The Singing": She sings a verse for "I'm Singing."
- "The Best": Gumball draws an elephant's back in the door that she is behind, making it look like she is inside an elephant's buttocks. She later makes Gumball clean the wall with a cotton swab.
- "The Worst": She knocks a basketball out of Richard's hands.
- "The Cringe": Her voice can be heard as she teaches her students about waterfalls.
- "The Anybody": She is counting down the clock while waiting for Gumball to get in class.
- "The Pact": She is part of the pact Gumball and Principal Brown make. For his part of the pact, Gumball has to tell Miss Simian about how bad her breath smells.
- "The Brain": She leaves the hospital with Principal Brown.
- "The Intelligence": Her voice is heard.
- "The Ghouls": She sings All Hail All Hallow's Eve!.
- "The Wish": Her sixth major role. She believes her relationship is falling apart, so she tries to leave town.
- "The Inquisition": She dumps Nigel for the superintendent.
- Banana Joe
- Lewis MacLeod (US/UK, Season 1)
- Hugo Harold-Harrison (US/UK, Season 2 onwards)
- Magda Giner (Latin America)
- Ilka Pinheiro (Brazil, Seasons 1-2 and Season 5 onwards)
- Selma Lopes (Brazil, Seasons 3-4)
Click here to view the gallery.
- Main article: Lucy Simian/Quotes
- She is the oldest known character in the show which is not a celestial body.
- The word Simian comes from the Latin word Simia, which translates to "ape" and "monkey." This is accurate since Miss Simian is a baboon.
- Miss Simian apparently does not age, as she has kept the same appearance since Nicole's childhood.
- This is due to the fact she is over two million years old, and she taught during the Stone Age.
- In "The Apology," it is revealed that her first name is Lucy.
- In Season 2, her accent appears to have slightly changed from a British-American accent to an American accent.
- It is revealed in "The Fraud" that she lied about her age to become a teacher.
- Her license plate says 66666, which is a reference to the Number of the Beast.