Juke is a supporting character in The Amazing World of Gumball. He is a student that transferred to Elmore from his home continent, Boomboxembourg. Nobody ever understands what he is saying because he only speaks in a combination of electronic drums and beatboxing.
Juke is a "stereo-headed kid," which means his head looks like a radio. He wears a brown shirt, blue jeans, and white sneakers. He is fairly short and has a heavy build, with short stubby legs and arms. Juke's only means of verbal communication is through beatboxing noises. Because nobody can understand this language, he often has to use hand gestures to get his point across. He has a switch at the back of his head (which he is unable to reach), that allows him to switch between voice or music.
In season 2 onwards, he acquires eyebrows, and his eyes change colors depending on his mood. His shirt is a slightly different color as well, and the top of his head is a darker grey. The buttons on his head are a darker grey color as well.
- "The Third": He is seen in the school hallway.
- "The End": He is seen at the park with Teri.
- "The Dress": He helps Gumball wearing a dress win the P.E. class race.
- "The Quest": He directs Gumball and Darwin to Anais' Daisy plush.
- "The Pressure": He is seen in the cafeteria.
- "The Ghost": He is at school.
- "The Mystery": He is seen in the library.
- "The Gi": He joins in the students in laughing at Gumball and Darwin's costumes.
- "The Kiss": He is cheering on Gumball to forget about Granny Jojo's kiss.
- "The Party": He is seen playing the music at Rachel's party.
- "The Picnic": He is seen on the school bus.
- "The Sock": Darwin informs him of his monobrow.
- "The Mustache": He is in the school gym playing dodge ball with the students.
- "The Meddler": He is seen playing the music at Gumball's cheerleader audition.
- "The Helmet": He is in the school cafeteria.
- "The Fight": He is seen cheering on the fight. Later, in the cafeteria, he asks Rocky to give him ice cream.
- "The Knights": He is seen waiting outside the school.
- "The Flower": He can barely seen in the class photo.
- "The Apology": He is seen in the fight crowd.
- "The Hero": He makes a cameo appearance outside of Food 'n' Stuff.
- "The Sidekick": He is seen in the school cafeteria.
- "The Photo": He makes a cameo appearance in the school hall.
- "The Storm": He is seen on the school playground playing basketball with Tobias.
- "The Voice": He is seen in the school cafeteria.
- "The Promise": He is seen riding the school bus.
- "The Boombox": His first major and speaking role. Gumball and Darwin are trying to understand what he is saying.
- "The Sweaters": He is seen talking with Masami.
- "The Internet": He is seen outside the Wattersons' house playing basketball with Tobias.
- "The Finale": He gets pantsed in the school hallway by Gumball. Later, he is seen in the school bus, and is eaten by Kenneth.
- "The Joy": He gets infected by the Joy virus.
- "The Recipe": He is seen at the pool with the other students.
- "The Name": He is standing next to Coach, and he gets hit by a basketball.
- "The Move": He is in the schoolyard.
- "The Allergy": He is seen on the school bus.
- "The Mothers": He is seen in class.
- "The Bros": He participates in the basketball match.
- "The Mirror": He is in Miss Simian's classroom.
- "The Lie": He gets off the school bus after it crashes into Miss Simian's classroom.
- "The Safety": He can be seen at the schoolyard chasing a basketball on one of Darwin's cameras.
- "The Society": He can be seen at the schoolyard.
- "The Spoiler": He is seen in the school cafeteria. He later partially spoils the plot of The Screamening. He is also seen exiting the movie theater when Darwin spoils the movie.
- "The Countdown": He can be seen playing with a basketball when time is frozen.
- "The Egg": He appears in Richard's flashback.
- "The Triangle": He appears in the cafeteria.
- "The Gift": He is among the students trying to get the Mic Graves for Masami's birthday.
- "The Comic": He is singing the Laserheart theme.
- "The Uploads": He is briefly seen on a video thumbnail.
- "The Hug": He is in the cafeteria.
- "The Girlfriend": He is in the schoolyard.
- "The Points": He is among the students Gumball and Darwin knock out with their science project.
- "The Night": His second speaking role, he has a dream about his classmates speaking in music.
- "The Blame": He appears during "Books Are Violent."
- "The Slap": He is seen at the schoolyard and later in the hall.
- "The Scam": He is seen in a crowd cheering for Gumball.
- "The Disaster": He is at the mall.
- "The Rerun": He is at the mall.
- "The Vision": He is among the students voting for Alan.
- "The Code": He is in the cafeteria.
- "The Test": He is in the schoolyard.
- "The Slide": He is playing basketball with Tobias.
- "The Loophole": He is one of the people identified as a threat to nature by Bobert.
- "The Matchmaker": He is seen playing basketball.
- "The Catfish": He is in the cafeteria.
- "The Grades": He is in class.
- "The Weirdo": Sussie gives him a present.
- "The Singing": He is in class during "I'm Singing."
- "The Best": He is in class and is later in the schoolyard.
- "The Worst": He is in class.
- "The Nuisance": His feet are seen.
- "The List": His arm is seen.
- "The Puppets": He is on the bus.
- "The One": He is at the mall.
- "The Cringe": He is in the swimming pool with Tobias.
- "The Anybody": He is seen leaving Miss Simian's class at the end of the day.
- "The Pact": He is at the school yard talking with Carmen and Masami.
- "The Spinoffs": He plays video games with Ocho and Carmen and later plays basketball with Tobias, Carmen, and Ocho.
- "The Understanding": He is in the cafeteria.
- "The Awareness": He walks in the hallway.
- "The Buddy": He is in the schoolyard. Later, he walks in the hall.
- "The Agent": He is in the hallway.
- "The Decisions": He is on the bus.
- "The Inquisition": He is in the school auditorium listening to Superintendent Evil, and is later turned into a human.
Click here to view the gallery.
- His early concept art depicted him with brown pants and shoes, as opposed to his final design, in which he wears blue jeans and white sneakers.
- Juke's name comes from "jukebox," a machine that plays records which was common in the 1950s-1970s, and is usually found in public establishments.
- It is revealed in "The Boombox" that he can speak English, not just make beatboxing sounds, when someone flips a switch on the back of his head.
- He is animated in Squigglevision, similar to Ed, Edd 'n Eddy, Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist, the first season of Home Movies, and many other shows. However, in several episodes, he lacks the wiggly outline he is usually shown with.
- In the election special, Juke is seen running for class president with Chris Morris as his running mate. According to Richard Overall in a direct message, Juke and Chris Morris have a special bond due to both of them being comfortable with nonverbal communication, and that Juke is the student that takes the class hamster home most often.