| Judith Fitzgerald
| Character Information
Judith Fitzgerald is a minor character in The Amazing World of Gumball. She is the mother of Penny and Polly and is married to Patrick. She first appeared for a brief moment in "The DVD" during the chase scene. She makes another appearance in the episode "The Date" where she gets upset when Gumball destroys her younger daughter's memorial picture of Mr. Cuddles.
Judith Fitzgerald is a presumably a shape-shifting fairy and has a similar appearance to Penny in Season 2 and her younger daughter, Polly. Compared to her older daughter, Penny, she is noticably taller and has smaller antlers than her. She wears cowboy boots.
In her early years, she wore a yellow dress and a tuft of blonde hair.
In the storyboard for "The Date," her shell was oval, like her daughter's Season 1 design.
Not much is known about her personality. However, she seems to be extremely generous, as she was willing to give Gumball and Darwin large amounts of money, her boots, her ring and even her kidney when she felt they needed help, as seen in "The Gripes." She also has an open mind for the relationship with Gumball and Penny as shown in the episode "The Knights."
In "The Transformation," a sadistic side of her is shown. She tries to threaten Gumball to have Penny go back in her shell by making a cookie that appears to be Gumball getting torn in half.
- "The DVD": Gumball and Darwin hop on her to escape Nicole.
- "The Date": She appears at Mr. Cuddles' funeral.
- "The Knights" (mentioned)
- "Christmas": She is sad when Gumball unplugs the Fitzgeralds' Christmas lights in "Christmas is Cancelled."
- "The World": She is scared by the Creatures.
- "The Finale": She is horrified when Richard and Patrick fight.
- "The Gripes": Her first speaking role. She donates to the Hobo but then gives the donations to Gumball and Darwin.
- "The Mothers": She fights Nicole and Alison.
- "The Shell": She watches Gumball and Penny's play.
- "The Bros": She watches her house burn down.
- "The Butterfly": She is knocked over by Gary and Sarah.
- "The Saint": She tries to help Martin.
- "The Oracle": She wants to be the millionth customer at the mall.
- "The Romantic" (mentioned)
- "The Wicked": She runs from Mrs. Robinson.
- "The Love": She is on a date with Patrick, and is grossed out by Sussie's mom and dad.
- "The Awkwardness": She is on the public bus.
- "The Misunderstandings" (mentioned)
- "The Blame": She is at the PTA meeting, and is scared when her daughter shapeshifts into a wolf.
- "The Fury": She drives her car in the traffic jam.
- "The Scam": She is outside Elmore Junior High.
- "The Boredom": She is at the mall.
- "The Choices": She is at the hippie protest with Mr. Small.
- "The Cycle": She is at prom night in Richard's flashback.
- "The Ex": She sings happy birthday to Penny in a flashback.
- "The Singing": She is on a date with her husband and leaves when Nigel starts singing about Lucy.
- "The Best": She is in the bus when Marvin’s dentures go out the window.
- "The Worst": She is on the bus with Anais.
- "The Nuisance": She wants the Wattersons to move to Ohio, and throws tomatoes at them at the end.
- "The List": She watches a concert.
- "The Cringe": She appears in the flashback to “The Awkwardness”.
- "The Candidate": She attends the Children's Future Ball.
- "The Schooling": She is in the cinema.
- "The Transformation": Her first major role. She makes Gumball decide if the family should stay in their shells or not.
- "The Ghouls": She gives candy to Tobias and Banana Joe.
- "The Slip": She is confused by the delivery guy's evil laughter.
- "The Mess": She picks up Polly.
Click here to view the gallery.
- She plays the bagpipes, and is apparently skilled at them.
- Her first appearance is ironic because she appeared in the series before her daughter herself.
- She gave Penny permission to go after Gumball in "The Knights," suggesting that she, unlike her husband, approves of their relationship.
- According to Penny in "The Romantic," she is inept at technology, as she once took a broken computer mouse to a veterinarian.
- Her first name was revealed in "The Transformation."
- She is the only member of the Fitzgerald family whose name does not start with the letter 'P'.