Jodie Mallard is a minor character in The Amazing World of Gumball who first appears in "The Parasite." Gumball and Darwin learn about her while reading Anais' diary, in which she describes the ways she has helped her new friend Jodie. Since Jodie is never said to return the favor, Gumball and Darwin jump to the conclusion that she must be taking advantage of their little sister. However, they are proven wrong when the two fuse into a parasitic entity and have to be taken to the infirmary. Once there, Jodie reveals she only wanted to borrow a pen from Anais, who became clingy from that moment.
Jodie is a short orange duck with orange cheeks. She is somewhere between Gumball and Anais in height. She has short black hair and does not wear any clothes.
She is very anti-social and nervous, and she speaks in a laconic manner. Anais' social awkwardness caused her more trouble, forming a parasite of both of them.
- "The Parasite": Her first appearance and first major role. Gumball and Darwin see her as exploiting Anais as her friend.
- "The Pact": She listens to Principal Brown accidentally reveal his scheme to the school over the intercom.
- "The Agent": Her silhouette is seen during the "Swim Club" credits.
The Gumball Chronicles
- "Vote Gumball…and Leslie?": Leslie considers her as a running mate in the election for school president, although she is only shown in a photo.
- "Vote Gumball…and Anyone?": She is shown to have agreed to be Leslie's running mate. Here, she is shown only in a poster of the two of them.
- Jodie's early designs had her as cephalopods, dogs, pigs, a mole, a Matroska, an owl, and a purple bird. She also was originally going to wear a blue backpack.
- Her design slightly resembles a Kakao Friend.
- Her last name was revealed to be "Mallard" in "The Agent."
- This suits her appearance, as the mallard is a species of dabbling duck.