This is a Featured Article. This page was selected as Featured Article on the main page. A new article will be elected soon.
Thank you for supporting the Gumball Wiki.
| Joanna Watterson
| Character Information
Granny Jojo is a pink rabbit, like Richard and Anais. She is short, wears a pair of cats-eye glasses with purple lenses, and, being an old woman, she has wrinkled lips, saggy breasts (similar to Miss Simian, making them some of the few female characters on the show to have breasts), and crow's feet on the skin around her eyes (though her crow's feet could just be eyelashes). She speaks with a New York/New Jersey accent.
In Season 1 she wears a beige polka-dotted dress with a white collar and sleeve cuffs and white socks with black shoes, and she has 3 black whiskers on each cheek and straight ears, both of which resemble Richard's.
In Season 2, she wears a plain beige dress with white sleeve cuffs and she keeps her original footwear. She is shorter, has extra facial features, a smaller, rounder head, wider hips, ears that now resemble Anais', shorter light grey whiskers, grey eyebrows, and an overall grouchier appearance, implying she has aged further.
Granny Jojo has a grouchy and somewhat lazy personality. As stated by Nicole, all she has left in her old age are cop shows, and kissing her grandchildren, mainly the former. She is very dedicated to receiving kisses from them, even to the point of forcing Gumball into one with a kiss on the lips. She also tends to spend her days watching TV.
She also does not seem to respect her grandchildren whatsoever, calling Darwin "fish kid" and/or "walking fish," and Gumball "the blue one," but she might have respect for Anais, as she calls her by her real name (albeit mispronouncing it). Despite this, she tasked Anais to carry her heavy bags upstairs for her, which, apparently, took an entire day to accomplish ironically when she was ready to leave.
When she was younger, she still possessed her grouchy and uncaring personality, to the point of telling her young son, Richard, that magic is all fake; this shocked him into screaming loudly for fifteen straight years.
Her parenting style involves completely sheltering children, or "stopping problems before they happen" in her words. She scares the kids into doing nothing other than sitting on the couch, eating snacks she prepared, and never letting them think for themselves to the point where they can barely think at all, which resulted in much of her son's lack of common sense. The difference between hers and Nicole's parenting styles leads to a major conflict between the two mothers in "The Authority."
She is so generally unhappy that in "The Man," Anais was surprised to see her smile.
She is also shown to be extremely possessive and jealous, as evidenced in her relationship with her husband Louie. It is shown in "The Catfish" that she will not let him have any friends, smashed a mirror he smiled at simply because she thought he was smiling at someone, smashed a self-check-in because she thought it flirted with Louie, slapped Louie's doctor's hand away simply because she was female, and becomes jealous of the x's in his x rays. When she falsely believes Louie is cheating on her with a woman from the mall (the result of Gumball and Darwin's meddling), she tries to hunt down and kill said woman. Whether her jealous possessive nature is the result of her previous husband leaving her or is the reason he left her is unknown.
- Main article: Granny Jojo/Relationships
- "The Kiss": Her first major role. She accidentally kisses Gumball on the lips.
- "The Wand": She tells Richard that magic isn't real in a flashback.
- "The Authority": Her second major role. She tries to be overprotective of her family.
- "The Plan" (mentioned)
- "The Name" (mentioned)
- "The Vacation" She is in the car with Nicole during a flashback.
- "The Man": Her third major role. She starts dating Louie.
- "The Spoiler" (mentioned)
- "The Signature": Her fourth major role. She gets married to Louie.
- "The Check": She tries to entertain her grandkids during some flashbacks.
- "The Upgrade" (mentioned)
- "The Parasite" (mentioned)
- "The Compilation" She sings part of "Weird Like You And Me" with Louie.
- "The Choices": She throws Richard out, and later is at his and Nicole's wedding.
- "The Vase": She gives the Wattersons a vase.
- "The Console": She fights the Gamechild.
- "The Catfish": Her fifth major role. She thinks Louie cheated on her.
- "The Cycle": She helps Richard look nice in a flashback.
- "The Father": She is at a party.
- "The Possession": Her sixth major role. She helps Nicole replace her family’s refrigerator.
- "The Agent": She is driving with her husband.
- Sandra Searles Dickinson (US/UK/AUS/NZ/CAN)
- Ángeles Bravo (Latin America)
- Antonella Alessandro (Italy)
- Mariusz Czajka (Poland, Season 1)
- Hanna Kinder-Kiss (Poland, Season 2)
- Anita Sokołowska (Poland, Season 3)
- Anna Apostolakis (Poland, Season 4-present)
- Marly Ribeiro (Brazil)
- Maria Helena Pader (Brazil, "The Vase" and "The Father")
- Carine Seront (France)
- Alanka Halász (Hungary, Season 1)
- Emma Bessenyei (Hungary, Season 2)
- Zsuzsa Molnár (Hungary, Season 3-present)
- Oana Avram Mereuță (Romania, Seasons 1-3)
- Olimpia Mălai (Romania, Season 4-present)
- Long Hui Was (Taiwan)
- Rósa Þórsdóttir (Iceland)
Click here to view the gallery.
Hello, walking fish.
|—Jojo to Darwin|
Where's the blue one?
|—Jojo to Gumball|
Give Granny Jojo a kiss goodbye.
|—Jojo to Anais|
A good mother prevents the incident before it happens.
|—Jojo to Nicole|
Well, at least they're safe!
|—Jojo to Nicole|
Oh, looks like my work here is done.
Apart from that, which was paper.
- Clips of her from "The Kiss" have been available online long before the episode's original airing.
- She seems to really like the TV show Sheriff McGruff. Nicole states in "The Kiss" that Granny Jojo has nothing to look forward to, other than television, and kissing her grandchildren.
- Granny Jojo has so much metal in her that she is legally classified as a motorized vehicle, according to her in "The Man."
- Her first name is revealed to be Joanna in "The Signature."
- After she started dating Louie in Season 3, she became much nicer.