|"Well, you know I could help you with that."
This article is about the student. You may be looking for the adult.
| Hot Dog Guy
| Character Information
Hot Dog Guy is a recurring character in The Amazing World of Gumball. He used to mostly appear in the Elmore Junior High cafeteria, along with the Green Bear, the 8-Bit Dog, and the Mushroom, but later started appearing more often elsewhere.
He is a large anthropomorphic hot dog, with very thin arms and legs. He is always seen wearing a pair of dark sunglasses. As of "The Hug," he wears a wig resembling a tuft of mustard to hide the birth scar on his head.
Hot Dog Guy is an ordinary enough person, but does not deal well in awkward situations, to the point that he and Gumball have had to block out some of their awkward memories together. Hot Dog Guy is somewhat level-headed but not very willing to come out of his comfort zone, as seen in "The Cringe" when he refuses to shower naked with Gumball, wearing swimming trunks instead. Outside of his awkward interactions with Gumball, Hot Dog Guy appears to be sociable and friendly, often waving to people and having conversations with a large variety of students.
Note that, prior to "The Hug," it is ambiguous as to whether the hot dog character that appears in the majority of these episodes is this character or his adult counterpart.
- "The Third" (debut): He is in the cafeteria when Leslie acts like a stalker.
- "The Dress": He is in the cafeteria when Gumball gets food.
- "The Ghost": He is in the cafeteria when Carrie goes on a rampage.
- "The Party": He is in the cafeteria when Gumball looks for a date to the party.
- "The Robot": He is in the cafeteria when Penny mistakes Bobert for Gumball.
- "The Ape": He is in the cafeteria when Gumball and Darwin sit with Miss Simian.
- "The Fight": He is in the cafeteria when Tina chases after Gumball.
- "The Flower": He is in the cafeteria when Leslie and Penny talk.
- "The Extras": His first major role. He sings "Just Notice Us" with the other background characters.
- "The Gripes": He donates to Gumball and Darwin.
- "The Allergy": He is walking the Sausage Dog when Darwin sneezes everything away.
- "The Shell": He is in the audience at the school play.
- "The Butterfly": He is knocked over by the bus and later on the escalator.
- "The Oracle": He is at the mall's parking lot.
- "The Spoiler": He chokes on a wiener and later watches The Screamening.
- "The Countdown": He is in an alternate timeline.
- "The Downer": He is unable to cross the street because of Gumball.
- "The Return": He is in the movie theater.
- "The Nemesis": He walks with the sausage dog past Rob at a bus stop.
- "The Parking": He appears walking out of the mall.
- "The Romantic": He dances in the mall.
- "The Hug": His second major role. Gumball accidentally hugs him, causing emotional tension between them.
- "The Wicked": He runs out of the mall.
- "The Origins: Part Two": He runs away from Darwin.
- "The Girlfriend": He runs away from the bus after it explodes.
- "The Parasite": He is at school in the hallway.
- "The Awkwardness": His third major role. He runs into Gumball again and tries to get away from him.
- "The Roots": He is seen outside the mall with shopping bags.
- "The Scam": He is in the cafeteria when Coach gets possessed.
- "The Disaster": He is in the mall.
- "The Rerun": He is in the mall.
- "The Guy": He is weirded out by Darwin.
- "The Boredom": He is at the mall and walks by Miss Simian.
- "The Vision": He is in the hallway when Gumball tries to murder Alan.
- "The Choices": He is in the crowd.
- "The Code": He is in the cafeteria.
- "The Test": He appears at the park.
- "The Slide": He is in the mall.
- "The Ollie": He laughs at Gumball, and makes fun of the Soulless Office Worker.
- "The Catfish": He is at the mall.
- "The Stars": He is frozen by the ratings system.
- "The Diet": He comments on Richard saving Alan's coin.
- "The Best": He is on the bus.
- "The Petals": He is seen walking the Sausage Dog in the park.
- "The Nuisance": He is seen in the crowd.
- "The Line": He is one of the people running to the first showing of Stellar Odyssey.
- "The List": He cheers for Mr. Corneille and the Hexagon Lady, watches Leslie’s performance, and appears in the Stunt Butler infomercial.
- "The News": He appears on the news.
- "The Vegging": He becomes a mutant and later is seen to be shot down.
- "The Cringe": His fourth major role. He and Gumball try to discover why they are so awkward around each other.
- "The Neighbor": He is outside of the mall.
- "The Anybody": He appears exiting the school.
- "The Candidate": He is part of the group of kids locked in school.
- "The Pact": He listens to Principal Brown accidentally reveal his and Gumball's pact over the intercom.
- "The Shippening": Sarah ships him with Clare.
- "The Schooling": He is weirded out by Little Timmy.
- "The Stink": He is in the store.
- "The Buddy": He walks in the hall.
- "The Agent": He is on a monitor.
- "The Mess": He wants to kiss Gumball and Darwin.
- "The Heart": He trick-or-treats with Tobias.
- "The Revolt": He is forced to be a TV.
- "The Decisions": He fights with Leslie at the mall.
- "The Inquisition": He is at the meeting.
Click here to view the gallery.
- In "The Spoiler," Hot Dog Guy can be seen choking on a hot dog after Gumball accidentally tosses one in his mouth.
- In "The Hug," Hot Dog Guy is forced to eat hot dogs by Gumball.
- In "The Hug," it is revealed that his name actually is Hot Dog Guy.
- It could be noted that Hot Dog Guy does not know what Gumball's name is. He refers to him as the "anonymous, blue stranger" in "The Hug," and "him" during their first encounter in "The Awkwardness."
- He looks very similar to the Hot Dog Man— indeed, the two were identical until "The Hug." He also resembles the physical appearance of Earl. It is unclear if the three are related but it is known that Hot Dog Guy has two brothers.