|"Well, you know I could help you with that."
This article is about the student. You may be looking for the adult.
|Hot Dog Guy
Hot Dog Guy is a recurring character in The Amazing World of Gumball. He used to mostly appear in the Elmore Junior High cafeteria, along with the green bear, the 8-bit dog, and the mushroom, but later started appearing more often elsewhere.
He is a large anthropomorphic hot dog, with very thin arms and legs. He is always seen wearing a pair of dark sunglasses. As of "The Hug," he wears a wig resembling a tuft of mustard to hide the birth scar on his head. Prior to "The Extras," he did not have a mouth.
Hot Dog Guy is an ordinary enough person but does not deal well in awkward situations, to the point that he and Gumball have had to block out some of their awkward memories together. Hot Dog Guy is somewhat level-headed but not very willing to come out of his comfort zone, as seen in "The Cringe" when he refuses to shower naked with Gumball, wearing swimming trunks instead. Outside of his awkward interactions with Gumball, Hot Dog Guy appears to be sociable and friendly, often waving to people and having conversations with a large variety of students.
Note that, prior to "The Hug," this character and his adult counterpart were completely identical. The only way of telling them apart was from the characteristics of this specific character (for example, being in places like the cafeteria or the library of the school).
- "The Third": His debut. He is in the cafeteria when Leslie acts like a stalker.
- "The Dress": He is in the cafeteria when Gumball gets food.
- "The Ghost": He is in the cafeteria when Carrie goes on a rampage.
- "The Party": He is in the cafeteria when Gumball looks for a date to the party.
- "The Robot": He is in the cafeteria when Penny mistakes Bobert for Gumball.
- "The Ape": He is in the cafeteria when Gumball and Darwin sit with Miss Simian.
- "The Fight": He is in the cafeteria when Tina chases after Gumball.
- "The Flower": He is in the cafeteria when Leslie and Penny talk.
- "The Extras": His first major role. He sings "Just Notice Us" with the other background characters.
- "The Spoiler": He chokes on a wiener and later watches The Screamening.
- "The Countdown" (unspecified if it's him or Porky): He is in an alternate timeline.
- "The Check": He votes for Gumball in the latter's imagination.
- "The Hug": His second major role. Gumball accidentally hugs him, causing emotional tension between them.
- "The Girlfriend": He runs away from the bus after it explodes.
- "The Parasite": He is at school in the hallway.
- "The Awkwardness": His third major role. He runs into Gumball again and tries to get away from him.
- "The Scam": He is in the cafeteria when Coach gets possessed.
- "The Vision": He is in the hallway when Gumball tries to murder Alan.
- "The Code": He is in the cafeteria.
- "The Ollie": He laughs at Gumball, and makes fun of the soulless office worker.
- "The News" (unspecified if it's him or Porky): He appears on the news.
- "The Vegging": He becomes a mutant and later is seen to be shot down.
- "The Cringe": His fourth major role. He and Gumball try to discover why they are so awkward around each other.
- "The Candidate": He is part of the group of kids locked in school.
- "The Pact": He listens to Principal Brown accidentally reveal his and Gumball's pact over the intercom.
- "The Shippening": Sarah ships him with Clare.
- "The Schooling": He is weirded out by Little Timmy.
- "The Buddy": He walks in the hall.
- "The Agent": He is on a monitor.
- "The Mess": He wants to kiss Gumball and Darwin.
- "The Heart": He trick-or-treats with Tobias.
- "The Agent": He is on a monitor.
- "The Revolt": He is forced to be a TV.
- "The Decisions": He fights with Leslie at the mall.
- "The Inquisition": He is at the meeting.
Click here to view the gallery.
- In "The Spoiler," Hot Dog Guy can be seen choking on a hot dog after Gumball accidentally tosses one in his mouth.
- In "The Hug," Hot Dog Guy is forced to eat hot dogs by Gumball.
- In "The Hug," it is revealed that his name actually is Hot Dog Guy.
- It could be noted that Hot Dog Guy does not know what Gumball's name is. He refers to him as the "anonymous, blue stranger" in "The Hug," and "him" during their first encounter in "The Awkwardness."
- He looks very similar to "Porky"— indeed, the two were identical until "The Hug." He also resembles the physical appearance of Earl. It is unclear if the three are related but it is known that Hot Dog Guy has two brothers.