It is not a unique vehicle to the Fitzgeralds, as the model provides a frequently-used stand in for scenes requiring vehicles, possibly due to limitations in the show's animation.
The Fitzgeralds' car is black in coloration and is adorned with a red trim on the sides.
- The car resembles the 1983–1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria.
- The interior is also based on the same car, with minor differences such as round gauges.
- The front bumper is loosely based on the 1980–1990 Chevrolet Caprice Classic.
- In "The Knights," the car is revealed to have a driver's airbag installed, although the use of airbags in cars did not become widespread until the 1990s.
- The front and rear license plates read "X23 TU," and are shared among all the sedans of the same model.