| Character Information
The construction men are recurring characters in The Amazing World of Gumball. They first appeared in "The Knights." They presumably work for Fitzgerald Co. Limited under Penny's father, Patrick Fitzgerald.
The red construction man's name is Hank, the gray construction man's name is George, and the blue construction man's name is Steve. Construction men of different colors, such as purple, yellow, or dark blue, also appear throughout the series.
The construction men are heavily built construction workers. They have Lego-like hands, perfect for their craft. They have typical construction worker uniforms: Hank wears denim overalls, and George wears an orange vest. They also wear yellow hard hats and brown work boots. Steve used to have a red wig but as of "The Misunderstandings" he does not have it anymore.
Prior to "The Butterfly," their pupils were huge and took up almost all of their eyes. Similarly to the Wattersons in season 2, their pupils would shrink when they expressed certain emotions. As of "The Butterfly," their pupils are permanently smaller.
In "The Misunderstandings," Hank, George and Steve admit they do not usually socialize with other people, and as a result, their behavior can be seen as inappropriate. Though they are not at all ill-intentioned, and even attempt to "brighten Gumball's day," their genuine compliments seem mocking or creepy.
- "The Knights": Hank and George appear working for Fitzgerald Co. Limited.
- "The Watch": Hank and George appear carrying glass through the Park.
- "The Bumpkin": George appears in a blue car on the Elmore Expressway.
- "The Authority": Hank appears in Gumball's flashback.
- "The Sidekick": Hank drives a truck, and almost runs over Jackie.
- "The Castle": Hank and George are guests who wreak havoc in the Wattersons' house.
- "The Internet": Hank swerves to avoid hitting Darwin.
- "The Finale": Hank appears in the angry mob at the end of the episode.
- "The Kids": Hank appears while Gumball and Darwin are "chilling."
- "The Name": Hank appears driving a truck when Nicole goes under him.
- "The Extras": Hank, George, and Steve's first major role and Steve's debut. They appear talking to each other at Fitzgerald Co. Limited. Hank, George, and an unnamed dark blue construction man are seen singing "Just Notice Us."
- "The Gripes": Hank, George, and Steve appear in the crowd that is outside of the Wattersons' house.
- "The Law": Hank and George are driving cars on the road during the Donut Cop's rampage.
- "The Allergy": Hank appears drilling the road when Darwin sneezes.
- "The Mothers": Hank appears in the crowd of citizens at the end of the episode.
- "The Password": George appears driving.
- "The Shell": George, Hank, and a yellow man are in the audience watching the school play.
- "The Bros": Two red construction men appear dousing out the fire Gumball caused at the Fitzgeralds' house.
- "The Butterfly": Hank and George appear at the construction site, accidentally hurting each other.
- "The Oracle": Hank and George appear inside the Elmore Mall.
- "The Nobody": Gumball throws mustard at the windshield of the George's truck.
- "The Return": They chase Richard on the highway after a misunderstanding.
- "The Others": Hank and George are cheering for Clare staying in Elmore.
- "The Parking": Hank is examined by Anais. Later, George drives off the edge of the parking garage.
- "The Romantic": Hank takes part in the flash mob organized by Gumball.
- "The Wicked": Hank's shirt is ripped open by a squirrel, and he later reappears with George at the end of the episode. Mrs. Robinson almost runs Hank over at the mall.
- "The Traitor": Hank appears at the cinema.
- "The Signal": Steve drives a truck.
- "The Awkwardness": Hank tells Gumball not to fall in the sewer. Later, Hank and George both appear on the bus.
- "The Nest": George is in the group of spectators when the Evil Turtle gets captured, and Hank is attacked by the Evil Turtle's babies.
- "The Night": George is on a suspended scaffold in Gumball's dream. Hank is at the Elmore Mall during Hector's dream.
- "The Misunderstandings": They appear talking to Gumball, and later reappear at the mall.
- "The Roots": Hank drives one of the trucks that Darwin rides on top of.
- "The Blame": Hank can be seen when the books are being burned.
- "The Scam": Hank and George are among those gathered outside the school.
- "The Disaster": Nicole chooses Hank as her new husband.
- "The Boredom": Hank and George are seen towing Gumball's house.
- "The Choices": A younger Steve is seen protesting with Mr. Small. The yellow one also appears. Hank and George appear in the crowd.
- "The Code": Gumball greets Hank's butt, believing it to be a fellow hacker.
- "The Copycats": George is driving a truck when the Wattersons are on their way to the hospital.
- "The Potato": Hank is driving a coleslaw truck.
- "The Vase": Hank's truck flips over when he hits the vase and George is shown running the Elmore Wrecking Yard.
- "The Box": Hank is the President's chauffeur in Richard's scenario. He later drives a Joyful Burger truck.
- "The Catfish": George is seen on Donald and Betty's wedding photo.
- "The Diet": Hank and George are working as firemen.
- "The Menu": George is in the crowd that cheers when Gumball and Darwin get promoted at Joyful Burger.
- "The Uncle": Hank is working on the sidewalk with a jackhammer. Ocho attacks George as part of Gumball's song.
- "The Best": Hank drives a truck which explodes with him in it.
- "The Worst": Hank gives Nicole a job at the construction site and George also appears there, and Hank can be seen riding the bus.
- "The Line": George is in the line for Stellar Odyssey. Hank later appears running.
- "The List": George appears at the park and Hank is watching the concert at the auditorium.
- "The News": Hank appears on the news.
- "The Rival": Hank almost runs over Gumball and Darwin.
- "The Lady": George's second major role. He dresses up as Angela.
- "The Vegging": George and Hank are seen working next to the Wattersons' house.
- "The Father": Hank and George both drive trucks.
- "The Cringe": Hank is on the bus in a flashback to "The Awkwardness."
- "The Cage": George and Hank are seen in the crowd cheering for Mr. Corneille.
- "The Neighbor": George drives a truck.
- "The Anybody": George appears dressed as Angela in a flashback to "The Lady." Later, George and Steve try to put out a fire.
- "The Shippening": George is choking on "love" fumes. Hank is shipped with Mrs. Jötunheim.
- "The Brain": Anais dreams that Hank helps Gumball after he gets stuck on a slide, and later she dreams that he almost crushes her on the freeway. Later, she dreams that Steve appears working at the construction site.
- "The Parents": Hank exports Richard. Later, George almost kills Daniel and Mary.
- "The Founder": George works at Chanax. Hank drills out the foundations of the building, causing it to collapse on him.
- "The Intelligence": George appears on a video.
- "The Ghouls": Hank is scared in a dream by Freddy Krueger. George and Steve appear in the dream, laughing at him.
- "The Slip": Hank tows Cartax.
- "The Possession": Hank appears. Later, four red men appear.
- "The Wish": Hank drives a truck. Later, George drives a bus. Steve later drives a delivery truck.
- "The Factory": Multiple construction men work at the Rainbow Factory. Later, George is in Nicole’s hallucinations.
- "The Revolt": George is in a video.
- "The Decisions": Two attempt to pry Darwin off of his desk. Later, Hank and George fight.
Click here to view the gallery.
- They resemble Lego mini-figures.
- Hank has a son named Bobby, who appeared in "The Butterfly" and "The Father." He also has a wife who was mentioned in "The Butterfly" and "The Parking."
- Their names and relation are exactly the same as Hank and Bobby Hill from King of the Hill.
- In "The Boredom," it is revealed Hank is colorblind.
- In "The Factory" more construction men can be seen working at the Rainbow Factory.