Gumball: Everybody read a book
Wreak havoc across the nation
Come on, just have a look
There's such violent inspiration
Colin: Lord of the Flies
Is a book each parent cherishes
The feral kids survive
But the one with glasses perishes
Darwin: If you want more blood and guts,
Give Shakespeare's plays a try
In Titus Andronicus, a mother gets her son served up in a pie
Billy: [Spoken] You did this to me, mother!
- [Felicity screams]
Banana Joe: Legends, myths and fairy tales
Will make their readers shriek and wail
Penny: "Red Riding Hood" is pretty bizarre
Where a wolf dresses up as a girl's grandma
- [Patrick and Judith scream]
Alan: I've read Greek myths just like you, sir
When they get beheaded like Medusa
Gumball: And I read "Tortoise and the Hare,"
A tale of torture and despair! Fight!
Darwin: You haven't read that one, have you?
Gumball: Uh, no...
Tobias: If you read Dickens' Oliver Twist,
You'd shut the library door and lock it!
It's all about these homeless kids
Who learn how to pickpocket!
Felicity: Okay, I get it, that's enough
Fiction should be banned!
Gumball: But history books are just as bad
Perhaps a rap will help you understand! [Spoken] Juke, hit it.
Gumball: [Rapping] It's just words, words, words, cover to cover
Bound with a spine, word to your mother
But books are the same, every story
Gumball, Penny, Darwin, Carrie, and Carmen: Video games!
Gumball: ...they're just as gory
Gumball and Penny: Oh, Romeo
Gumball: Romeo is your homie-o
To be or not to be
Gumball, Colin, and Felix: That's the question for a G
Huck Finn's Adventures by Mark Twain
All these books are driving me insane
All: So who should really get the blame?
Gumball: Are books as bad as...
All: Video games?
- The works of fiction that were referenced:
- By Colin was Lord of The Flies.
- By Darwin was Titus Andronicus.
- By Banana Joe was Dracula.
- By Penny was Little Red Riding Hood.
- By Alan was the myth of Perseus.
- By Gumball was The Tortoise and the Hare and Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.
- By Tobias was Oliver Twist.
- The quote "To be or not to be" is a reference to Hamlet.
- The part where Darwin wears glasses, draws a lightning bolt on his head, and rides a trolley into a wall is a reference to Harry Potter.
- The part where Penny wears a wig and has a bow with a plunger as an arrow is a reference to The Hunger Games.