- [Pupils of Elmore Junior High burst through the door]
Gumball: Everybody read a book
Wreak havoc across the nation
Come on, just have a look
There's such violent inspiration
Colin: "Lord of the Flies"
Is a book each parent cherishes
The feral kids survive,
But the one with glasses perishes
Tobias, Carmen, Leslie: [Attack Colin]
Darwin: If you want more blood and guts,
Give Shakespeare's plays a try [Felicity trips over Darwin's shoes]
In "Titus Andronicus,"
A mother gets her son served up in a pie
- [Sarah is holding a pie with Billy in it]
Billy: [Spoken] You did this to me, mother!
Banana Joe: [Dressed as a vampire] Legends, myths and fairy tales,
Will make their readers shriek and wail
Sarah: [Falls unconscious]
Banana Joe: [Takes a bite from Sarah]
Penny: "Red Riding Hood" is pretty bizarre [Shapeshifts into her wolf form] where a wolf dresses up as a girl's grandma
Patrick and Judith: [Scream]
Alan: I've read Greek myths just like you, sir,
When they get beheaded like Medusa
- [Gumball turns his hand into scissors and cuts Alan's string. Alan's parents and Principal Brown are shocked]
Gumball: And I read "Tortoise and the Hare,"
A tale of torture and despair! [Points finger at a hare and a tortoise, spoken] FIGHT!
Darwin: [Spoken] You haven't read that one have you?
Gumball: [Spoken] Er, no.
Tobias: If you read Dickens' "Oliver Twist," you'd shut the library door and lock it! [Steals Harold's wallet and Jackie's necklace]
It's all about these homeless kids who learn how to pickpocket!
Felicity: Okay, I get it, that's enough! Fiction should be banned!
Gumball: But history books are just as bad!
Perhaps a rap will help you understand! [Spoken] Juke, hit it
- [Gumball, Penny, Darwin, Carmen, Carrie and Juke are facing the camera]
It's just words, words, words,
Cover to cover
Bound with a spine, word to your mother
But books are the same, every story, to video games
They're just as gory
Romeo, oh Romeo
- [Gumball and Penny hold empty glasses and pretend to drink out of them]
Gumball: [Rapping] Romeo is your homie-o
- [Gumball and Penny pretend to be dead]
To be or not to be,
That's the question for a G
"Huck Finn's Adventures" by Mark Twain,
All these books are driving me insane
So who should really get the blame?
Are books as bad as video games?
- The works of fiction that were referenced:
- By Colin was Lord of The Flies.
- By Darwin was Titus Andronicus.
- By Banana Joe was Dracula.
- By Penny was Little Red Riding Hood.
- By Alan was the myth of Perseus.
- By Gumball was The Tortoise and the Hare and Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.
- By Tobias was Oliver Twist.
- The quote "To be or not to be" is a reference to Hamlet.
- The part where Darwin wears glasses, draws a lightning bolt on his head, and rides a trolley into a wall is a reference to Harry Potter.
- The part where Penny wears a wig and has a bow with a plunger as an arrow is a reference to The Hunger Games.