| Character Information
Barbara "Banana Barbara" Banana is a recurring character in The Amazing World of Gumball. She is Banana Joe's mother, and the wife of Banana Bob. She and her husband first appeared in "The Responsible."
Banana Barbara is an anthropomorphic banana. She is nearly identical to the rest of her family, with the exception of a blue and white polka-dot bow, lipstick, and eyelashes.
In Season 2, she acquired eyebrows and a lighter peel.
As shown in "The Mothers," Banana Barbara does not seem to be very bright, and is rather oblivious to her surroundings. She has also been shown to have a very creepy demeanor.
- "The Job": She sings "Pizza Pizza Pizza" with Banana Bob and Banana Joe.
- "Christmas": She cheers with Banana Bob and Banana Joe after Santa takes off.
- "The Promise" (mentioned)
- "The Allergy": She is sneezed into China by Darwin.
- "The Mothers": Her first major role. She competes with Nicole and Jackie.
- "The Shell": She paints the future and creeps Gumball out.
- "The Lie": She is seen waiting for Sluzzle Dude with Banana Bob and Banana Joe.
- "The Oracle": Her second major role. Her premonitory painting leads Gumball, Darwin and Anais to try to prevent the events depicted in it.
- "The Stars": She yells at the Soulless Office Worker.
- "The Ex": She tells Banana Joe to take out the trash. Only her voice is heard.
- "The Singing": She walks in on her son and makes him fly up into the fan.
- "The Line" (mentioned)
- "The Candidate": She attends the Children's Future Ball.
- "The Shippening": She can be seen with Mr. Robinson at the Tattoo Shop.
- "The Spinoffs": She tells Banana Joe that she and Bob were splitting up.
- "The Awareness": She serves dinner to Banana Joe and asks if he had a nice day at school.
- "The Future": Her third major role.
Barbara has the ability to predict events years before they occur in her paintings. This ability was first displayed in "The Shell," and was a prominent plot point in "The Oracle." It has been confirmed that "The Future" will have something to do with them.
Click here to view the gallery.
- She and her husband debuted before Banana Joe did (except for the early reel).
- Her name was revealed on James Lamont's Formspring.
- She has the ability to predict the future through painting, as seen in "The Shell" and "The Oracle."
- She is apparently accident-prone, getting frequently injured.
- Her ability to paint to future appears to be a reference to Isaac Mendez from Heroes who also had the ability to predict the future through visual art.
- Her name may be a pun on Hanna-Barbera, an American animation studio that serves as a division of Warner Bros. Animation. Although this has not been officially confirmed.
- An image from the upcoming episode, "The Future," shows that she will be kidnapped by Rob.