| Character Information
Anton is a small piece of slightly burnt toast. His face appears to be to made up of several particularly burned sections. He wears white gloves on his skinny, black arms. He also wears little red, white, and purple shoes, although, in season 1, the shoes were dark purple.
In season 2 onwards, he acquires eyebrows, like other characters who did not have eyebrows at first. He also becomes a lighter color.
Anton seems to be a bit of a pushover. Most of his appearances have ended with him getting hurt— getting squished by Tina, getting hit in the face with Banana Joe, getting swarmed by birds, having his sandwich stolen by Carrie (when she was possessing Gumball's body), and getting eaten by ducks in the Dumb Race. Furthermore, almost every line he has spoken has been meek or unconfident, as if he is scared.
Anton was forced into Tina's gang, which implies that he (against his will) joins them in their bullying. This has been shown in "The Meddler," where he joins Tina, Jamie, and for some reason, Banana Joe in teasing Gumball about his mom being in school (he also laughs when Tina gets insulted, though). Secretly, he despises being with the gang but has never tried to leave because of his fear of Tina. However, he has grown a relationship with Tina and Jamie, despite that he was forced into doing it. Despite this, the three are never seen as friends after season 1. He could possibly be friends with Banana Joe and Idaho.
He seems to be friendly, though. In "The Recipe," everyone greets him, and he greets everyone back amiably. He even treats Gumball and Darwin decently until his discovery of them making clones of him, and subsequent attack by Ant-One.
Anton has been seen dying on-screen several times, yet somehow he always manages to get reborn. The process behind this phenomenon is revealed in "The Recipe," where Gumball and Darwin witness his parents remaking Anton by toasting a piece of bread at a certain setting. It is later discovered that multiple Anton clones can be made in this way, though unless toasted at just the right temperature for the right amount of time, the personality may be altered a bit. Burning the bread, for example, creates Ant-One, an evil, vengeful Anton with a deep voice. Most of Gumball and Darwin's Anton clones turned out to be naïve and gullible. This is likely because they did not toast the bread properly. The proper process might be more complicated, though, as the new Anton seems to have the memories of the previous one, unlike Gumball and Darwin's Anton clones, which only repeat words and blindly follow orders.
- "The Third": He is squished by Tina in the school hallway.
- "The End": He is eaten by pigeons during lunch at school. Later he appears in Miss Simian's classroom.
- "The Dress": He appears in class and in the halls.
- "The Pressure": He is at school.
- "The Ghost": He appears in the cafeteria.
- "The Mystery": He is chasing Gumball in the library when Banana Joe collides with his face.
- "The Gi": He is part of the crowd of students at school.
- "The Party": He is seen dancing with Bobert and Banana Joe.
- "The Robot": He is at school.
- "The Picnic": He is with the class.
- "The Goons": He participates in the Dumb Race, where he is eaten by ducks.
- "The Sock": He appears in class.
- "The Mustache": He appears at school.
- "The Ape": He joins the others in messing around in class.
- "The Meddler": He laughs at Gumball with Tina, Banana Joe, and Jamie for bringing his mom to school.
- "The Helmet": He appears in school eating lunch with Tina.
- "The Fight": He appears in school.
- "The Fridge": He appears in the school orchestra, playing guitar.
- "The Banana": He is in class.
- "The Apology": He appears in the schoolyard, cheering the fight.
- "The Words": He appears in the school bus, sleeping next to Gumball, and in class, loudly scratching his face.
- "The Skull": Tina threatens him in one of Clayton's lies, but Anton is then saved by him.
- "The Sidekick": He appears on a photo in the school yearbook.
- "The Photo": He is seen in the school hallway when Banana Joe shoves him.
- "The Storm": He appears in the schoolyard, confronting Gumball after he kisses Carmen.
- "The Game": He appears in Mr. Small's class.
- "The Voice": His profile picture appears on Elmore Plus.
- "The Coach": He comments that Coach has suggested that he should reduce his carbohydrate intake. Later he is mentioned as being one of Jamie's victims.
- "The Joy": He gets chased by an infected Bobert riding on a floor polisher. He can later be seen already infected by the Joy Virus.
- "The Recipe": His first major role. In it, Gumball and Darwin discover the secret to his immortality.
- "The Name": He appears in the cafeteria.
- "The Void": He appears in the school yearbook.
- "The Bros": He is in the school bus.
- "The Mirror": He is in Miss Simian's classroom.
- "The Society": He is part of the school play.
- "The Spoiler": He is eaten by Gumball while telling a spoiler.
- "The Countdown": He is seen in Miss Simian's classroom in an alternate timeline.
- "The Others": He is mentioned by Gumball.
- "The Pest": He runs away from the table Gumball and Billy are fighting on.
- "The Gift": He is one of the students who try to get a Mic Graves painting.
- "The Comic": He sings LaserHeart's theme song.
- "The Hug": He is talking to Idaho in the hallway.
- "The Girlfriend": He eats himself.
- "The Advice": He slips on the oil in the hall.
- "The Love": He is one of the people in the "What is Love?" segment.
- "The Points": He is on an icon.
- "The Bus": He is seen on the hijacked school bus.
- "The Slap": Tobias slaps his butt after gym class.
- "The Compilation": He is seen as a sandwich singing "Weird Like You And Me."
- "The Scam": He is seen in class.
- "The Stories": He hides from Molly in the locker.
- "The Guy": He runs away from Anais.
- "The Matchmaker": His Elmore Plus profile appears.
- "The Catfish": His Elmore Plus profile appears again.
- "The Petals": He gawks at Leslie in the hallway.
- "The Line": He takes a shortcut through a cantina to try to find the quickest route to Elmore Street.
- "The Pact": He is on the bus and is shocked when Principal Brown boards it.
- "The Transformation": He walks by the Fitzgeralds' house as Penny says he only wears gloves and shoes.
- "The Ghouls": He goes trick or treating.
- "The Web": He is on Elmore Plus.
- "The Inquisition": He is torn up by Teri in the school science lab, and later is turned into a human.
This is a list of all the times Anton has died in the show.
- "The Third": Anton is crushed by Tina stepping on him.
- "The End": Anton is eaten alive by a flock of birds but after a while, he can be seen in class.
- "The Goons": Anton blindly runs into a lake where he is eaten by ducks. He survived this injury, however, as he is seen in the hospital with a bitemark.
- "The Coach": He is seen to have been fed to the ducks.
- "The Recipe": Anton dies multiple times in this episode, suffering over fifty deaths. In fact, the entire episode focuses on Anton dying and coming back to life soon after that.
- His first death is diving into the pool where he soon dissolves.
- He is crushed by a bowling ball.
- He sees a screamer on the computer which gives him a heart attack.
- He is unintentionally eaten by Tobias.
- He pours chemicals into a test tube which blows up in his face.
- He falls into the paper shredder.
- He uses a slide whistle which makes his head spontaneously explode.
- The door closes on him, crushing him in between.
- Tina steps on him.
- A baseball breaks a hole in his body.
- He is attacked by a flock of birds in his locker, who soon eat him up.
- Ant-One blasts him with a water hose, tearing a hole in his body.
- "The Spoiler": Gumball eats him to avoid hearing any spoilers.
- "The Girlfriend": He cuts the crusts off of himself to make himself into a sandwich for Jamie, and then eats himself at Jamie's demand.
- "The Line": He walks into a cantina filled with birds, where he is presumably eaten off-camera.
- "The Inquisition": While trying to feed the class lizard (which is actually a pickle), Teri accidentally rips pieces of him off due to not being able to see.
Click here to view the gallery.
What? You want my sandwich? Here! Take it! Please let me go!
|—Anton to birds who want to eat him|
Butter side down. Just like poor Uncle Eddie.
|—Anton on Tina's sandwich|
You made a clone of me!?
|—Anton to Gumball|
Anton: How many!?
|—Anton to Gumball|
- Anthony Hull (US/UK)
- Tamas Arany (Hungary, season 1)
- Gabor Joo (Hungary, season 3 onwards)
- Csaba Krisztian Csik (Hungary, in "The Storm")
- Kitty Mezei (Hungary, in "The Spoiler")
- Luís Sérgio Vieira (Brazil, season 1)
- Flávia Fontenelle (Brazil, season 3 onwards)
- Anton constantly dying then coming back to life may be a reference to the famous character Kenny from the South Park franchise.
- Anton is often seen consuming sandwiches, which is ironic considering how he is a bread product himself. Sarah does the same thing in "The Fan," as she is seen eating ice cream; and the Donut Cop does this as well in episodes such as "The Spoon," where he is seen to crave donuts.
- Anton has been injured at least sixteen times, and in "The Recipe," Gumball and Darwin mention having killed Anton fifty times.
- Anton's last memories do not transfer after he dies, so he has no idea how he died before, or that he even died at all.
- He may be named after his voice actor.
- He is the first character to die onscreen in the show.