The original DVD was destroyed after Gumball mistakenly scratches the disc with the wrong side of a scrubby sponge after Darwin tries to use it as a pizza cutter. In the resulting panic at his realization, it was accidentally thrown into the kitchen sink and shredded by the garbage disposal to a point of no return. To hide their misdeed and return the DVD to Laser Video, Gumball and Darwin create a home-made version using cardboard cut-outs and listing their names exclusively on the credits, but it fails to trick Larry.
- "The DVD"
Transcript of Gumball and Darwin's Version
- [Darwin holds up a piece of cardboard with "Alligators on a Train" written on it; made-up music plays in the background]
- Gumball: Doot Doot Doot! [fake theme music] Alligators on a Train!
- [Scene changes to Darwin wearing a fake mustache]
- Darwin: Oh no! There's alligators on this train! [Darwin beats up the cardboard alligator] Thank goodness, we got all the alligators off this train!
- Gumball: [using a slightly high-pitched voice] Thank you so much for saving us from all the alligators on this train.
- [Gumball and Darwin initiate a fake make-out scene]
- Apparently, Gumball has watched Alligators on a Train 72 times before "The DVD."
- Alligators on a Train is an obvious parody of Snakes on a Plane.
- When Darwin is using Alligators on a Train as the pizza-cutter, one can see that it is actually a HD DVD Disc, which cannot be played in most DVD readers, meaning that the Wattersons' DVD player is a rare model.
- The song was used in the end credits for "The DVD" and "The Responsible."